Nuforce Ne-7 vs Ne-8
Dec 1, 2008 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

gagalak

New Head-Fier
I'm intent on buying one of these but can't decide between them. I'm not that interested in the microphone, I'm rather concerned with the sq, so if the NE-8 is a guaranteed improvement on the NE-7 in terms of sound quality, I'll buy the NE-8. On the other hand, there are a number of positive testimonials on the Ne-7, so if NE-8 turns out to be it's bizarro twin with awful sound (like the px200 >=| ), I'd be pissed plenty. I have to decide quickly, as I'm ordering it on Amazon from overseas, and my friend who'll pick it up leaves soon. Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by gagalak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm intent on buying one of these but can't decide between them. I'm not that interested in the microphone, I'm rather concerned with the sq, so if the NE-8 is a guaranteed improvement on the NE-7 in terms of sound quality, I'll buy the NE-8. On the other hand, there are a number of positive testimonials on the Ne-7, so if NE-8 turns out to be it's bizarro twin with awful sound (like the px200 >=| ), I'd be pissed plenty. I have to decide quickly, as I'm ordering it on Amazon from overseas, and my friend who'll pick it up leaves soon. Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i'd wait for more reviews for these phones. They are still new.

Dec 2, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 68
The only thing I've been able to conclusively find out about the NE-8 is that it is definitely a different driver than the NE-7M, and it is definitely a custom driver made by/for Nuforce (e.g. Not a generic repackaged driver under a different brand name).

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd wait for more reviews for these phones. They are still new.

That's the problem, I have to order in a couple of days.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 68
I don't think anyone from here has received & heard the NE-8 yet. And only a couple of people have heard the NE-7M. So noone can answer your question.
The NE-7 does appear to be a nice earphone for the price, so if you don't want to take risks, just buy that one. However, I'd suggest you just take the risk and get the NE-8. That way you can contribute to the community by giving your opinion. It's not a great risk anyway, NuForce suggests it's better than the NE-7, so it will probably sound good.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 68
I asked NuForce last week about the 8 and it showed up for pre-order on the website on Sunday. They said it would start shipping the middle of next week. I'll give my impressions when I receive. Based on their other products reputation, engineering and the initial impressions of the 7, I pulled the trigger.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #11 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli_ramsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that these are out, would you still recommend getting the PL-30's as a budget IEM?

The JBuds J2s at Amazon.com are going for $24.99 and are buy one get one free right now (Have to send Amazon receipt to JBuds). They are supposed to sound better than the PL-30s by a little. There are also 12 colors to choose from.

And of course, the Nuforce phones have been getting a lot of attention.

I'd say stay away from PL-30 until at least after Christmas. Too many good deals right now to go for a phone that will probably remain the same price.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 68
You can't go wrong with the PL30. It's a great value IEM for $25-$30.

The NE-8 is $69 (and now 'out of stock') so we'll see how it sounds. I tend to think the NE-8 doesn't have that much in common with the PL-30 outside of the form factor due to the driver difference. Also, not sure if there are cable differences and what the build quality is yet.

I just got a FedEx shipping #, so I guess I'll have the NE-8 in a couple of days.

More toys to play with.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #14 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't go wrong with the PL30. It's a great value IEM for $25-$30.

The NE-8 is $69 (and now 'out of stock') so we'll see how it sounds. I tend to think the NE-8 doesn't have that much in common with the PL-30 outside of the form factor due to the driver difference. Also, not sure if there are cable differences and what the build quality is yet.

I just got a FedEx shipping #, so I guess I'll have the NE-8 in a couple of days.

More toys to play with.

Same here! Just got my FedEx tracking # as well. So many toys due to arrive.... Westone 3, NE-8, Super.fi 3, and possibly JBuds 2 (still deciding).
L3000.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #15 of 68
Dayum i was just about to pick up ER6i when they changed the $50 dollar price on me today. Now these NE-7 seem to be better and have a mic that works with my 3g iphone.

I can wait and find out if the Ne-8 are better or just go with the NE-7 because i can't really go wrong. Any sugg.... i can't wait any longer someone make a decision for me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back