Nuforce IEM
Jul 17, 2008 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

warpdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
I didn't see any talk of the new Nuforce headset IEM (with mic)

NE-7M-package-front.jpg

Jason of Nuforce claims it will beat the Shure SE210 for half the price

Any takers?

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 54
Given that SE210's SQ isn't particularly hard to beat, I think the statement isn't really telling anything. I can at least think of two IEM under $100 now (ER6i, RE2) that I prefer over SE210.

Jul 17, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given that SE210's SQ isn't particularly hard to beat, I think the statement isn't really telling anything. I can at least think of two IEM under $100 now (ER6i, RE2) that I prefer over SE210.

As a 210 owner, I agree with it not being hard to beat. Granted, I've only personally compared it to e3c (which I found better) - I've known all along there's much to be desired. Hopefully my sleeks come tomorrow and I get some better lovin' from my IEM

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that design look really familiar... mylar x3i and xbi?

Not the i version, but the previous X3 / XB. It is more or less a generic design now.

Mylar1XB.jpg

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not the i version, but the previous X3 / XB. It is more or less a generic design now.

Yes, SoundMAGIC PL11 look the same.

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #9 of 54
Oops sorry. it's XB, not the newer "i" version. Mylar X3 doesnt look like that either.

Really curious so many "cheap" iem popping out. Will this be the next PL30?

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #10 of 54
FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I don't care who makes these Nuforce NE-7M, because listening to them unamped out of my 3G iPhone right now there is no question in my mind that they will beat the SE210, E2c, E3c, ER6i, Super.fi 5 pro and JVC Marshmallow/JVC aircushion and most other under $100-150 IEM.

I am so surprised by them I suspect maybe they would also beat the Denon C700, q-JAYS, SE310 and E4c. I don't still own most of the ones I have listed, but I clearly remember not being shocked and surprised with the sound like I am right now with the Nuforce out of the box.

These remind me more of my de-podded IM716 with 47 ohm resistors, but more efficient, and maybe better than the SA6 I borrowed for a few weeks before I bought my Image X10. I will pull the C700, IM716 and Klipsch Image out tonight and do some more comparisons - I don't expect them to beat the image but the C700 are an easy target. I already know the Image will have more bass, but these are not lacking in any way.

They are transparent with the soundstage outside of the head, the bass is controlled and detailed, the mids are smooth and the treble is extended and not sibilant. Wow.
eek.gif
I suspect these are a tweaked version of an OEM earphone like the Crossroads Mylarone, and will become flavor of the month.

I might post it in a new review if this thread stays dead.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 54
I think it was Nuforce.amazon.com or something like amzon.nurforce.com - and I got the 20% off promotional price, so about $40 + shipping.

It wasn't supposed to ship till the 17th, and then I got it today.

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #14 of 54
Quite an interesting impression there, Larry. I am not that interested in their NE-7M model (cause I don't need a headset), but their newer NE-8 model sounds promising if NE-7M is already that good.

NE-8-back-package.jpg

The design kind of resembles SoundMAGIC PL-30, w/o the bass knob that is.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #15 of 54
I did buy these as an upgrade to the earphones that came with the iPhone 3G. But I'm listening to them right now on my Macbook through my Travagans Green USB DAC amp, and enjoying them a lot. I am not having any problems with hiss right now, but my ears are getting a little fatgued and need a rest.

The iPhone 3G has such a nice sounding headphone out that it might be better than this setup right now. I left the Predator and Pico in my fanny pack out in the car, and this amp was within arms reach so I grabbed it. This amp certainly drives the NE-7M to sound better than the Macbook internal sound card (just tried it).

With Binks Audio Test CD in iTunes stored as 1411 kbps wav, the NE-7M are flat to 20Hz, and still vibrate my eardrums very well at 16Hz. My 46 year old hearing doesn't go out to 20,000Hz but I can hear 16,000Hz with these easily.

I am still impressed with these, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try them with the Pico and Predator vs the C700 and de-podded IM716 and Image X10. Sorry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back