Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Nov 19, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #392 of 533
If you did join the drop, after recieving and evaluating, do contribute with a review in this thread :wink:

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #393 of 533
I personally held off this time. While I would like to and eventually plan on trying to get some sort of good IEMs, it just isn't super important to me at the moment and had other financial things come up that I couldn't afford to put 160 down last week on it. I will wait around for another HEM drop or something high quality for a good price and consider it then however I appreciate your guys opinions and advice on the matter and hopefully sometime soon in the future I can get my hands on something.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #395 of 533
Been a while since I've posted here...
Grabbed the HEM6 for 199 in the Amazon lightning deal - beyond excited since my preferred sound signature is that of the LCD-2. Hoping I've finally found an IEM that'll suit me, and at an awesome price.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #396 of 533
Been a while since I've posted here...
Grabbed the HEM6 for 199 in the Amazon lightning deal - beyond excited since my preferred sound signature is that of the LCD-2. Hoping I've finally found an IEM that'll suit me, and at an awesome price.

Glad you got an exciting deal. Please let us know how you like them!

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #397 of 533
Glad you got an exciting deal. Please let us know how you like them!

Thanks! I'll definitely post my thoughts. Quick question - I've read through the entire thread and saw that you mention using the Alo Audio Tinsel 2 pin with the HEM's. Would you say its a worthwhile investment (even if just in build quality - don't want to get into snake oil territory here)? Also, they fit completely, right?

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #398 of 533
Thanks! I'll definitely post my thoughts. Quick question - I've read through the entire thread and saw that you mention using the Alo Audio Tinsel 2 pin with the HEM's. Would you say its a worthwhile investment (even if just in build quality - don't want to get into snake oil territory here)? Also, they fit completely, right?

My ALO cables are MMCX. I haven't used an upgrade cable with these. You could look at Null Audio or at Penon. Some of my headfi friends like their cables.

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #399 of 533
Just got my HEM6 in - loving them so far, although its a little early for impressions. One question - how do I go about taking the cables off? They were hard to get on, and now I'm scared I'll break something trying to get them off.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #400 of 533
Just got my HEM6 in - loving them so far, although its a little early for impressions. One question - how do I go about taking the cables off? They were hard to get on, and now I'm scared I'll break something trying to get them off.

Just pull them straight off. It's fine :)

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #401 of 533
Been a while since I was around here, but back again.

I had been using Westone UM1's for planes and trains, but saw a deal recently for a lightly used set of HEM8's.

Happy with them straight out of my iPhone6.

Wrapped up for now, as they are an Xmas present, but looking forward to the holidays!

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #403 of 533
Well, 40 days later and an extra $20 for customs fees I finally got my Massdrop Mystery Box surprise. Unfortunately only got the HEM2, but that's the way it goes I guess. Haven't listened much but the unboxing experience was pleasant.

My only complaints are that the pair of Medium Comply Tips mine came with seem to be squashed to a point of no return. The inner rubber that the IEM is inserted into is ovular now and the foam iteslf is not recovering from being crushed in the packaging. I'll give them a few days to see if they ever return to the original shape. My other issue is that cable memory from being wrapped up is in the wrong direction for an over ear fit.When I put the IEM in my ears the cable naturally bends downwards.

If anyone has any tips on how to revive comply tips or help the cable bend the right way they'd be greatly appreciated.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #405 of 533
Awkward, you're right and they were mismatched. Not sure how I made that mistake, but the box instructions were not in color and the lines on the connectors are orange vs white. Switched the connectors and they fit fine now. Orange line on the right side and white line on the left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back