NuForce HD to Audioengine A2 safe?
May 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

steveotron

100+ Head-Fier
This might be a silly question, but I'm wondering if it's OK to connect my Audioengine A2 speakers to my NuForce DAC/amp? The instructions that came with the speakers say not to connect the terminals from the speakers to a receiver, but it should be safe to connect my speakers using RCA to RCA cables from my NuForce HD DAC/amp to my speakers, correct? I know that the A2s are "active" and have built-in amps, so I was just worried that the amp on the HD could somehow damage the A2 speakers.

May 31, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Connecting the speakers to the NuForce Icon HD via RCA will be fine.  The NuForce will only be functioning as a DAC in that setup.  The headphone amp circuitry doesn't do anything unless you plug headphones into the headphone jack, at which point it will automatically use the headphone out as the output.  I have an Icon HDP that I use as a DAC/preamp and I've never had any problems with it doing anything to my amp or speakers.

May 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Connecting the speakers to the NuForce Icon HD via RCA will be fine.  The NuForce will only be functioning as a DAC in that setup.  The headphone amp circuitry doesn't do anything unless you plug headphones into the headphone jack, at which point it will automatically use the headphone out as the output.  I have an Icon HDP that I use as a DAC/preamp and I've never had any problems with it doing anything to my amp or speakers.

Thanks for answering my question! I had figured it'd be something like that but just wanted to be certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back