Now that Head-Fi is on Twitter
May 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Okay, there have been a few threads in this forum on Twitter, seemingly either ending quickly, people posting their negative impressions as a substitute to email, RSS or IM, the sad state of communication and attention span charges, the ugly celebrity nature of the recent push or the old Facebook v. Twitter fight, but...

... now that Head-Fi is on Twitter, does it give members pause to give it another chance? After all you control who you follow. You don't have to suffer Oprah to get Head-Fi. Reading Mark Polansky getting ready for next Shuttle mission isn't the same as tracking what your friends had for lunch. TED daily has a new interesting video.

So anyone giving it another shot or already using and have tweets to recommend we follow (audio or otherwise)?

And yes, I have a few links in my sig.

May 26, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 33
Okay, as this seems to be playing out like the other recent threads, let me rephrase - does anyone have anything positive to say about Twitter? If not, how about babysitters, neurotransmitters or corn fritters?

May 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, as this seems to be playing out like the other recent threads, let me rephrase - does anyone have anything positive to say about Twitter? If not, how about babysitters, neurotransmitters or corn fritters?

As a bitter teenager awaiting the end of the school year, I have nothing positive to say.

May 27, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 33
I'm not bashing Twitter, I'm just not sure what the point is. I'll follow a football game on a feed, but go to message boards, blogs and articles for a writeup. Why should tweets interrupt my day when I can get the full scoop when I have the time?

Am I missing something? Is there a reason intermittent short messages improve an experience? I don't "get" it, but I will stay open minded to any benefits or unique experiences it might offer.

May 27, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a bitter teenager awaiting the end of the school year, I have nothing positive to say.

Back in my day, we just cut ourselves while blasting Linkin Park.

May 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back in my day, we just cut ourselves while blasting Linkin Park.

That's not hardcore enough for me. I abuse my wallet for a rush.

May 27, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha! My year's over.
tongue.gif

Why is cutting yourself pleasurable? I know the science behind it, but why? I was tempted to do so last week, so this is pretty hypocritical.

Umm, neurotransmitters are great!!
popcorn.gif

I honestly don't understand the concept of twitter. I know what it is, but I don't see the point.
I was at a lawyer luncheon because I won 2nd place for a lawyer sponsored essay contest and I sat by a couple of lawyer judges (50-60ish) discussing twitter for like 5 minutes. It was odd.

May 27, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #11 of 33
Not a twit (is that what you call twitter users? No disrespect.) but I betcha it will be going off this weekend with impressions of CanJam when headfiers get to listen to their dream rigs.

May 27, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #13 of 33
I've had some fun with it, especially Ashton Kutcher. He's so chic and new agey now. I love his inspirational tweets and was so rooting for him against CNN.

Go aplusk!

Seriously, I am either going to make Rehm or die trying.

May 27, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #15 of 33
I'm following a large bunch of friends and a few other interesting people on Twitter and glance over to my twitter program from time to time to see if anything interesting is happening. Sometimes there is interesting stuff posted, and sometimes the conversation between friends can be funny. It's not much different to me to hitting "New Posts" on here and reading through thread titles to see if anything that interests me is going on, except Twitter auto-updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back