Now here is one freaky looking CD Player
Oct 6, 2002 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
rchvlogo.jpg

rechav.jpg

Quote:

Italian manufacturer Mel Audio Company's Recháv II CD player boasts a circular shape for both visual beauty and to reduce resonances that can negatively affect music reproduction abilities. With a 33cm diameter and in some ways reminding us of vinyl replay, the Recháv II chassi is made from medium density fiberboard (MDF) wood plus hand turned metacrylate (push buttons and clamps). The name of the unit is from ancient Jewish language, meaning "Celestial chariot" (G-d's throne) as described in the Ezekiel's book. Frequency response is from 2Hz to 20,000kHz with a 90dB signal to noise ration. The entire unit weighs is at 6kgs.

http://www.melaudio.com/
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/news/

Oct 6, 2002 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 26
first thought: Is that the new Sony minisystem?

Second thought: Did they really use orange for a high end cd-player or am i becoming blind??

Oct 6, 2002 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 26
Very interestingggggggggg...........
But hard to tell if this is audio gear or waffle iron, heh heh.

I still have to say the Shanling CDP is the sexiest/sweetest looking unit I have seen.

Oct 7, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #8 of 26
it's made out of mdf? isn't that what cheap furniture is made out of?

[size=xx-small]
/me goes to sleep now in his mdf waterbed..[/size]
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 12:51 PM Post #10 of 26
Originally posted by RickG
It sort of looks like one of those spinning tops I played with as a child...

Yes RickG !! Very much indeed !!! Where did you find this nice toy? Your collection? Did you keep it?? Cool !!!

Ari

Oct 7, 2002 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 26
OMG
eek.gif

The is the ugliest damn player i've ever had to misfortune to come across.

That colour! It reminds me of the same colour scheme used on Scooby Doo's Mystery Bus
biggrin.gif

UGH!!!! I wont be asking santa for one of those this year.

Sound As Ever

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
first thought: Is that the new Sony minisystem?

Second thought: Did they really use orange for a high end cd-player or am i becoming blind??

lol, your first thought and my first thought were the same.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, is this a serious attempt at a high end player, or just a "ooo, its pretty" type thing?

Oct 8, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Seriously, is this...just a "ooo, its pretty" type thing?

Definitely not. That has got to be one of the ugliest colours I have ever seen. I was just holding up a sweatshirt that colour to a friend of mine showing her how ugly it was, and while I was doing it, I started having flashbacks to the 70's!

Oct 8, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #15 of 26
SOMEBODY BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM NOT YELLING I GOT GUM ON MY KEYBOARD AND CAPLOCK IS STUCK AND MY SHIFT BUTTONS GOT RIPPED OFF BY ONE OF MY SISTERS FRIENDS. I DONT KNOW WHY HE TOOK THEM THOUGH?!

BIGGIE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back