Notification Settings Got Changed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2017 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Strangelove424

500+ Head-Fier
My notification settings were changed while I was logged out. I started getting e-mail alerts, which was surprising because I had turned off notifications to avoid cluttered up inboxes. I would like to know what the reason for this change was, and if this should be a security or privacy concern going forward. I have since put my settings back, and changed e-mail addresses, but feel a lack of control over my account settings can represent a long term issue.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 4
To clarify, were the email notifications that you started receiving all notifications for quotes and/or mentions? Additionally, do you have your preferences set to give you an alert when you're quoted or mentioned?

Here's a post from earlier this week that might explain why you started receiving notifications. In essence, If you had alerts for mentions and quotes turned on then you would automatically start receiving notifications for those activities after the update.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 4
I was not getting notifications until that update earlier this week then I started getting quoted and mentioned emails so I think the new changes were just "on" by default. No big deal for me, I can turn them off easy enough.

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 4
To clarify, were the email notifications that you started receiving all notifications for quotes and/or mentions? Additionally, do you have your preferences set to give you an alert when you're quoted or mentioned?

Here's a post from earlier this week that might explain why you started receiving notifications. In essence, If you had alerts for mentions and quotes turned on then you would automatically start receiving notifications for those activities after the update.

Yes, this was a quote notification, and must have been related to the update since it was the first time I logged onto Head-Fi since after the Tuesday update. I did not have preferences set to receive any forum notifications (because they tend to stack up quickly) but did have it enabled for personal messages. The reset of settings is not a big deal, but it might be better to leave disabled for newly integrated features. I understand that a website like this is a huge undertaking though, and giant system-wide changes come with minor wrinkles. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back