Not enough love for the Sony D-NE330?
Jun 1, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 13
If you like this player, there are some new ones for sale here (no am not selling or friends with this seller) just fyi..
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
For the first time in years, Sony puts out a 15mW per channel PCDP and there is hardly a mention of it on this forum. Rejoice people! Celebrate! Dance to the music!

If I had mine still I would give it to you, and have you pay shipping only.
but mine I gave away already to my cousin already..

That unit is ok for the newer players and for being truly portable, yes.
However, it is Trounced by the legendary units in terms of Sonics, FR, and Line Out guts...
Unfortunately this is one of the best units Sony has produced in the portable line for over 8 years, and that is quite non-awesome for a Co their size..

Jun 1, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 13
I bought this player a few days ago, I think its good. I owned the last of the Sony pcdp with 15mW output from 98-99, then in 2000 Sonys headphone amp quality went WAY DOWN. I was disapointed and never bought a Sony again (see Sony you just hurt yourself!) Did Sony only use weak amps from 2000 up until now?

I bought the d-ne320 in 2005, it was only 5mW but it sounded okay b/c I didnt have to turn the volume up all the way for my headphones anyways, I was happy with it. The 330 is like an improved 320, to my ears. I can finally put it on clearbass 3 setting and not worry about it distorting. And all the features it came with, its a good cheap portable. True audiophilles might not care for it, since it has no line out. But if you dont like carrying around a portable amp like me and are looking for a brand new cheap unit, this is it, IMO.

edit:
forgot to mention, its on sale at circuit city for 44.99 this week, bestbuy sells it normally for 54.99 for some reason. Its normally 49.99 at circuit city. It also comes with 5 free connect.com songs

Jun 2, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 13
I just picked up the D-NF430 from circuit city for $53.99 +tax. Very good deal for a player that pretty much does everything and runs for extended hours on 1AA battery. I use it with KSC-75 and like the sound.

I am going to use it to replace my 1997 Sony DT405 (14mw/channel) which I still treasure.

Jun 2, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 13
Have a 320, sounds OK with PX100. Bought a 330 to compare to see if there was improvement. With PX100s, did not hear any difference in volume level or sound quality but did notice more background hiss with the 330. For sensitive cans, the 320 seems to work better. However, there was also no volume level difference with HD540s (I just can't seem to bring myself to plug HD600s in to a $60 CD player, it seems wrong but isn't).

Both CD players work well and sound quite good for the money. Just did not hear a difference in volume. Maybe slightly tighter bass on the 330, maybe slightly less bass. That was all.

Now some lucky relative will get one of them.

Jun 2, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
its on sale at circuit city for 44.99 this week, bestbuy sells it normally for 54.99 for some reason. Its normally 49.99 at circuit city. It also comes with 5 free connect.com songs

funny...I provided a link that is still active to a deal where this player sells new for $39.99, %99.9 positive feedback (no the seller is not me or anyone I know)
...yet I am reading some of these posts where people are going out and spending $53.99 and around here...

do you people like overspending or just not reading the thread in its entirety?
just curious, and trying to help out, BC I am somewhat familiar with PCDP's and their worth (slight understatement)

word up it is Friday,

anyone that paid more than $50, tax not included, you overspent fyi.
confused.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
funny...I provided a link that is still active to a deal where this player sells new for $39.99, %99.9 positive feedback (no the seller is not me or anyone I know)
...yet I am reading some of these posts where people are going out and spending $53.99 and around here...

do you people like overspending or just not reading the thread in its entirety?
just curious, and trying to help out, BC I am somewhat familiar with PCDP's and their worth (slight understatement)

word up it is Friday,

anyone that paid more than $50, tax not included, you overspent fyi.
confused.gif

39.99 + 9 shipping + what if you dont like it, its a hassel for both ppl to return it

and the d-nf340 53.99 someone mentioned was for the one with a tv/weather/radio tuner. Its more convenient to drive to circuit city now and purchase one where theres no problems of returning it. I'll also mention that walmart sells the d-ne330 for 49.99

---

and yeah I think the volume didnt change much, I mean that it puts out pretty much equal volume, I havnt turned it up all the way on either the 320 or 330. There is a slight hiss on the 330 with my headphones, not enough to where its annoying though for me. I do disagree that at higher volumes and clearbass turned on, that the 330 is noticably better. Even on clearbass 2 I'd have to watch out with the volume on the 320 so it wouldnt distort. I can have it on clearbass 3 and turn it up loud and it wont distort. If you dont use clearbass, then there wont be much difference between the two. I havnt decided if its worth "upgrading" if you own the 320 or similar model.

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
39.99 + 9 shipping + what if you dont like it, its a hassel for both ppl to return it

and the d-nf340 53.99 someone mentioned was for the one with a tv/weather/radio tuner. Its more convenient to drive to circuit city now and purchase one where theres no problems of returning it. I'll also mention that walmart sells the d-ne330 for 49.99

I am with you!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
For those that mentioned that the volume is the same, the extra mW wouldn'tn necessarily mean more volume, just better SQ wouldn't it?

yeah I'd say so. I dont own any equipment to test it, but I feel they output the same volume. I also feel the 320 got pretty loud anyways, I dont even turn it up past 75% on either unit b/c its too loud, so my comfortable listening level is exactly the same for both. However the 330 doesnt distort when turning the volume loud and using the EQ and clearbass, I think thats the real difference. Somebody on this board said the 330 drives his hd-580 cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back