Not an ad for the super-mini.
Oct 13, 2002 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
Really this is not an ad but just some thought provoking, highly subjective rantings of a lunatic. I've had my super mini for about a week now and here are my drug induced thoughts. This is an amp that has a specific purpose in life and that is to provide a big sound from tiny equipment. I use mine with my MD players and match it with some Sony 268 earbuds. The sound is fast, punchy, and highly dynamic. No, it will not drive your big home headphones but that wasn't why some mad scientist created them. It was for the pure love of the challenge. The challenge of getting big sound from something so tiny. Here are a couple of pics.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/acidtripw...src=ph&.view=t

Oct 13, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
biggrin.gif
Not an ad for the super-mini.

The smartaleck meter is almost pegged!
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Sorry Jude, it's that time of the month for me.

I talked to Fixup from the great beyond and he mentioned that the gain on my amp may be only 1.5 instead of 5 and that's why it's not able to drive my Beyer 770 headphones to loud levels. He is going to send me an updated amp with new parts and a higher gain level and it should be able to drive my Beyers to louder levels. Thanks go to Fixup for taking the time to care and sending me an upgraded up. Two thumbs up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back