NOT a meet per say. BUT HOLIDAY MUSIC GIFT EXCHANGE is back
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2021 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

lord_tris

1000+ Head-Fier
These have gone pretty well when they have happened, and I have been messaged a couple of times now to start it back up soooo.. here we go.

As always we have to have a few rules.

Don'ts
Do not send equipment of any kind to anyone.
Do not send any thing from your personal collection or home.
Do not spend more then 20-25usd per person. This can include several item but not more then 20-25usd

DO's
SEND ME A MESSAGE DIRECTLY TO BE ADDED ANY OTHER WAY WILL YOU WILL NOT BE ADDED. please discuss in the thread though as much as you want:)
Please have fun with this
If you sign up and you are paired please send an item, if you feel you will not be able to hit deadlines then please do not sign up as it cause problems.
Please discuss with your partner what to send unless of course they say surprise me then share your favorite music with them.

I will be accepting participants until the 1st of December and items should be ordered before the end of that week so people get their gifts and promptly as possible.

This can be world wide however please specify if you want to only participate in Conus or Oconus (overseas) I will break down these groups accordingly. I will not break down by country however.
Examples.
You live in the USA and want to participate in the Oconus you could be ordering for someone that lives in the EU or Japan.
You live in the USA and only want to participate in Conus you will only be set up with someone that lives in the US or Canada.
You live anywhere else you can participate but know you will be one of a few that participate so you will likely only get someone from the states so i dont really have a great way to get you someone on your contentant ( I will try but no guarantee).

Remember 20-25 bucks USD please no more then that.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 37
The list of participants.

01 lord_tris
02 first_gen_hun
03 AxelCloris
04 holsen
05 VeinShredder
06 Strayngs
07 Jude
08 Wiljen
09 wega03
10 trollchu
11 buke9
12 HeadAmp Team

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 37
The list of matches. Check here on Dec 1 for your match ups.
used https://pairs.austincodingacademy.com/ to pair us up.

12 HeadAmp Team <-> 11 buke9

08 Wiljen <-> 05 VeinShredder

06 Strayngs <-> 02 first_gen_hun

01 lord_tris <-> 07 Jude

03 AxelCloris <-> 09 wega03

10 trollchu <-> 04 holsen​

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 37
Great Idea. I'm really happy to participate. PM Sent. Anybody here like to comment on the types of things that were exchanged or sent as gifts in the past?

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 37
71oHVs0E+3L._SL1425_.jpg

This is the album I received in the last exchange where I took part. I sent my partner one of Hiromi's albums, but can't remember which specifically. One year @joe and I got matched up, which is comical since we're in the same office and know each other's tastes pretty well.

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 37
71oHVs0E+3L._SL1425_.jpg

This is the album I received in the last exchange where I took part. I sent my partner one of Hiromi's albums, but can't remember which specifically. One year @joe and I got matched up, which is comical since we're in the same office and know each other's tastes pretty well.
Beautiful!

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 37
Count me in….looks like a great idea.

Nov 6, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 37
I'm surprised there isn't more activity in this thread. This is a great idea and I'm actually a little excited about getting paired up and exchanging.

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #12 of 37
Someone I know hadn't known about this trick, and it may help folks who are sending gifts in the exchange this year.

If you have an Amazon account in any region, you're able to log into other Amazon sites with that account and use the local Amazon to ship gifts internationally. For example, I have friends in the UK, Germany, and Japan, and I've used www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.it, and www.amazon.co.jp respectively to send them gifts using my Amazon US account. This can also be used if you need to have a local payment method for regional stores, like the www.mora.jp music store.

Nov 8, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #14 of 37
Dang the roolz (rules) - they stymie my plans...
( I would have posted a bundle of compact discs, being well selected and ‘varied’ of musical reference nature )

I understand why items need be ‘new’ and not ‘from home’; but do see this as a missed ability to share the love for all things audio...

Otherwise I’d have sent a Fiio DAc/Amp or some unused ‘balanced’ cables or some such.. (ie whatever the other person might benefit from, but probably WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT)

cheers to the movement; love the community and stuff like this thread really cement friendships.
Nice one bruv !

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #15 of 37
Is it mandatory to gift physical copies, or digital copies will also do? With digital copies the country-wise boundary disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back