NOS Sony CD3000 on ebay
May 20, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #46 of 47

mbriant

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by sovkiller
It is curious how when I have posted threads like this one, about the same headphone, it has been closed after my post, immediately after my post, not a single reply was allowed....This one now is on the second page and running!!!! Where are the mods today????...

Closing "ebay alert" type posts is the general policy around here ... to avoid repetitious flame wars from simmering into a boil ... like what's perhaps developing here. Sometimes threads/posts get missed and a discussion begins before a moderator can act. Once underway, and if a side discussion has already started involving a bunch of members, the thread might get left alone. Yes, the topic of should we/shouldn't we allow ebay alerts to be posted has been covered before on more than one occasion, but many of Head-fi's newer members probably have never seen one of these discussions.

We don't want this same argument to develop every time someone posts an ebay alert, so we close them, but every once in a while it's good to take the pulse of the current membership to see what the general feelings are about certain policies. As usual, and as with most policy questions, it would appear Head-fiers are polarized in their opinions on this particular issue ... some members want ebay alerts and some do not. And as usual, it's impossible for us to go either way without making someone unhappy. But rest assured, the fact that this thread is still going and yours isn't, has nothing to do with you personally.

One thing however, is that these "alert" posts should be in the For Sale forums, not in the general discussion forums, so it's being moved now.

May 20, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #47 of 47

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Closing "ebay alert" type posts is the general policy around here ... to avoid repetitious flame wars from simmering into a boil ... like what's perhaps developing here. Sometimes threads/posts get missed and a discussion begins before a moderator can act. Once underway, and if a side discussion has already started involving a bunch of members, the thread might get left alone. Yes, the topic of should we/shouldn't we allow ebay alerts to be posted has been covered before on more than one occasion, but many of Head-fi's newer members probably have never seen one of these discussions.

We don't want this same argument to develop every time someone posts an ebay alert, so we close them, but every once in a while it's good to take the pulse of the current membership to see what the general feelings are about certain policies. As usual, and as with most policy questions, it would appear Head-fiers are polarized in their opinions on this particular issue ... some members want ebay alerts and some do not. And as usual, it's impossible for us to go either way without making someone unhappy. But rest assured, the fact that this thread is still going and yours isn't, has nothing to do with you personally.

I was not trying to take it personally, honestly, but that happen two times, and by coincidence, both about the same exact item as this one, and in any of the two cases I was involved at all on the sale, just trying to be helpful for the ones who are looking for one...That was why I was just wondering if the rules have been changed.

But I personally agree 100% that these threads serve to a purpose, specially in these particular cases that the items are very hard to find, and discontinued from the market (CD3000, K-1000, Melos, etc...) and unless they become really nasty, they should be left open at least till the items sell...Honestly I do not see nothing wrong with that kind of posts...So in other words you got my vote to accept this kind of threads for the future...

Users who are viewing this thread