NOS Sony CD3000 on ebay
May 17, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #17 of 47

Pete7

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Posts
1,944
Likes
46
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
That is one of the best set of cans for the money, especially when you pair it with one of the single power amp. I had one and sold it, have been regretting doing it ever since.


I had a pair and I sold them to you and I regret it...How could you? First you buy them from me, and then you sell them as if they were yours or something...So they were...Fine...But I got dibs on the new pair if you decide to sell.
 
May 17, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #18 of 47

jamesp

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
1,062
Likes
32
Location
Lockport, NY
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Mine were NOS when I bought them last year.

-Alex-




Alex,

if you ever put yours for sale, give me first dibs...
biggrin.gif
 
May 17, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 47

F1GTR

Banned
Joined
May 18, 2004
Posts
1,738
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt
Does it ever occur to people who post these links that immediately, upon posting these links, that it is very likely they will cease to be 'a good find' or 'a good deal'?
confused.gif


As far as I've been able to tell, many of the people really looking for a good deal already know about these auctions, so posting them is more likely to foil those activities than aid them.

I'm not saying you can't post these things, I'm just saying that it may do more harm than help to those who are really trying to obtain them.



Of course. That is why they post them in the first place, because they don't intend on bidding.

Most will claim it's under the guise of "helping out fellow head-fiers" but in reality they know that they are really doing them a disservice. It's a ridiculous no win argument unfortunately because you can't actually prove that the original poster did so for the sake of causing stryfe but that's all that ever really happens. The people that actually do the research on ebay get poked in the rear while the lazy tend to triumph. If that doesn't occur then the one's that did the research end up paying, on average, at least ~100+ more than they would have had the link not been posted here in the first place.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to post this kind of stuff here. Let the one's that care, and intend to bid, find it for themselves and quit concerning yourself with other people's business and vice versa.
 
May 17, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #21 of 47

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Posts
4,271
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Of course. That is why they post them in the first place, because they don't intend on bidding.

Most will claim it's under the guise of "helping out fellow head-fiers" but in reality they know that they are really doing them a disservice. It's a ridiculous no win argument unfortunately because you can't actually prove that the original poster did so for the sake of causing stryfe but that's all that ever really happens. The people that actually do the research on ebay get poked in the rear while the lazy tend to triumph. If that doesn't occur then the one's that did the research end up paying, on average, at least ~100+ more than they would have had the link not been posted here in the first place.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to post this kind of stuff here. Let the one's that care, and intend to bid, find it for themselves and quit concerning yourself with other people's business and vice versa.



It's been discussed before and it usually ends up in flame wars but I agree, most of the time the people who post these auctions either can't afford them or they aren't going to be bidding on them.
 
May 17, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #22 of 47

jamesp

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
1,062
Likes
32
Location
Lockport, NY
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
I had a pair and I sold them to you and I regret it...How could you? First you buy them from me, and then you sell them as if they were yours or something...So they were...Fine...But I got dibs on the new pair if you decide to sell.



LOL Pete, trust me, next time I got a pair and thinking about selling it, you will be the first to know
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. Wait until the WNY meet, once you have a chance to listen to the STAX system, you will know why.
 
May 17, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #23 of 47

Jon.

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Posts
514
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Personally I think it's ridiculous to post this kind of stuff here. Let the one's that care, and intend to bid, find it for themselves and quit concerning yourself with other people's business and vice versa.


I'd tend to agree with your post, the only ebay exception I'd see is a seller like methos who always has a number of sr60/80's for sale, or someone with ksc75's in bulk. Something for people in other countries who can't find these things at every corner store like in the US (yes I know, hyperbole leave me alone).

Posting auctions like this are just too much, I'm starting to wonder if censoring ebay links wouldn't be a good idea.
 
May 17, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #24 of 47

Skrying

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Posts
389
Likes
11
I'm tired of hearing the whining about the price issues of headphones. Guess what, if people were not willing to pay such prices in the first place then there would be no price issue. So in reality your real bone to pick should be against those who pay such increased prices.
 
May 17, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #25 of 47

sxr71

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 29, 2003
Posts
1,238
Likes
56
Whatever, posting the link here only increases the liklihood that the phones get bought by someone in our community as opposed to being bought by someone outside Head-Fi.


The only thing that happens is that people here bid the price up high, but that is the perceived value of those phones in this community, so blame the community here if the price gets high.

Sure I can see the value in someone looking every day on Ebay to find a pair and that maybe they should be rewarded for their dilligence, but ultimately it comes down to market value and who values those phones the most in terms of cold hard cash which is what the seller values more than perserverence or dilligence on the part of the buyer, otherwise the auction would have the phones go to the person who runs the most searches for a particular model of headphone instead.

Seriously the people who dislike the sharing of information are those who like to keep people in the dark like some governments like to do.
 
May 18, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #26 of 47

hawat

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Posts
785
Likes
10
Yes i see nothing wrong with ebay links.
I dont spend my time watching for stuff on ebay and sometimes someone report a few unsuspected items or items that i had completly forgotten, that i would never think of looking for.
 
May 18, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #27 of 47

catscratch

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Posts
3,856
Likes
334
I guess my problem with this is that the item doesn't go to whoever is most interested in it, but to whoever is most financially secure at the moment. You could be tracking a deal for weeks, then someone posts it here, and one of our loaded moneybags snatches it up just to round out their collection. Hunting out rare bargains is part of the ebay process, and serving things up on a silver platter before head-fi really does a number on all those who put the time and effort into tracking these items down.

Posting this stuff on head-fi is really the equivalent of soliciting, IMO. It should be banned from the public forums, and allowed only in the FS forums, where it belongs.

My .02
 
May 18, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #28 of 47

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Posts
1,222
Likes
767
Location
London, UK
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
Seriously the people who dislike the sharing of information are those who like to keep people in the dark like some governments like to do.


Yes! Not posting ebay links is supporting communism, people!
 
May 20, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #30 of 47

dhp

(formerly known as DieInAFire)
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Posts
1,881
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
the cans just sold for $610. that's the most i've ever seen cd3k being sold for. yikes! maybe i should consider selling mine...
confused.gif



yours wouldn't sell close to that. NOS is very rare for such headphones, and CD3000's MSRP was 600 IIRC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top