Northwest headroom meet - there just wasn't enough time to hear 'em all
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2001 at 11:10 PM Post #76 of 113
Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Seattle/Portland show!!!

I will be working Tyll over trying to get him to go to Chicago and Detroit. You see, I lived in the Windy City for 3 years and grew up in Michigan. To get to go back and meet all of you (if Tyll lets me go) and revisit Chicago and maybe catch a Tiger or Lion game in Detroit (sorry, I"m ok with the White Sox and Cubs too but the stinkin Bears????
biggrin.gif
) would be awesome! I'll be getting a hold of you Jude for tickets for a Lions game if we can arrange to be there when they play.
And I'm afraid to ask but what is the Crazy Horse??? I lived there 20 years ago and never heard of it then... and I'm a happily married man so if it is what i'm guessing, I'll have to pass. Is Nancys pizza still there? And have to have a GYro... How about Rolling Stone records on Irving??? I spent my entire earnings from Sears on Lawrence Ave at that place. Great vinyl shop - at least it was once upon a time.
So I'll lobby for you fellow midwesterners and hope to see you soon.

Aug 13, 2001 at 11:27 PM Post #77 of 113
Todd,

That's right! I'm only about 10 miles away, if the meeting will be in Chicago. I hope that I'll get a day off of work - otherwise, I may have to request a personal day off. I hate my ********* supermarket-job schedule that varies significantly each week...
eek.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 12:24 AM Post #78 of 113
You can unscrew the pot and with a little effort twist the wiper assembly on the exposed end a little. I don't recommend it though, I managed to bend one of the little fingers on the wiper and had to very carefully bend it back into contact with the resistance element. After I finished butchering it the wipers wern't lined up in a row like before I attacked it, but it didn't seem to damage it much.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #79 of 113
LOL! deepriver brought up a lot of great stuff that I had forgotten. The face he made when he heard the V600's was priceless! "woah! these really are terrible! boom boom boom!" And tyll was laughing like crazy. And yeah, that backup into the driveway was an adventure in itself. Good job tyll!

But man, I had to have ben the worst newbie there: I had but a pair of SR80's as my main headphones. I hate to say it, but I'm glad those days are over
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's nice to finally move on.

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:57 AM Post #81 of 113
Hmm, looking at Neruda's profile, I'd say he got the AKG 401s...

Aug 14, 2001 at 7:10 PM Post #84 of 113
Hey neruda - don't feel too bad about those SR80s. For the longest time, my best headphones were 821s!

Aug 14, 2001 at 10:18 PM Post #85 of 113
ooh, ouch!
wink.gif
but no, I really do like my SR80's a lot, but I've had them for nearly a year and was desperate to upgrade. Now I have!

Aug 15, 2001 at 12:53 AM Post #90 of 113
Quote:

Neruda said...

ouch, my brain!
wink.gif

Oh yeah, now THAT'S the Grado impact I'm talking 'bout!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back