Northern New Jersey Meet 2009 IC
Jun 8, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #91 of 110
It seems that a gear-list has begun brewing.

If we are not "space restricted" as we were last year I would like to bring a bunch of gear.

Amplifiers:
2 humble amps of my own design:
The silver ghost OTL tube amp
A currently un-named single tube transformer coupled amp in an enclosure that didn’t come out quite as hammer-toned as I would have liked.

Headphones:
HF-2 (may be balanced, maybe not)
Old school RS-1 (balanced)
Beyerdynamic DT-880/250 (single ended)
Senn HD-580 with 600 grills (balanced)

Sources:
MCM/Beresford clone with DIY mods, and a cheap DVD player as transport.

If there is enough room, I would like to set up a TT system because turntables are awesome.

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #92 of 110
I'm itching to attend another meet. I thought that I'd have to wait for the Fall L.I. meet, but I drive through NJ on the way to L.I. so why not attend a NJ meet? So I'd love to attend.

My only question is: Which Exit in NJ?
regular_smile .gif
Sorry, where will the meet be?

If there is room I can bring:
Woo Audio GES (Loaded) Electrostatic Amp
HeAudio Jade Electrostatic Headphones
Music Hall 25.2 DAC
Exemplar Audio DAC
Oppo HD970 Transport or if I have the energy my Exemplar Audio Music Server
DIY balanced Power Unit
Lots O Siltech

On order (should have by the 25th)
Audio-Gd Phoenix
Denon AH-D7000

I am seriously Jonesing for a chance to audition some Sennheiser HD-800's, anybody bringing some?

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #93 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is enough room, I would like to set up a TT system because turntables are awesome.

same.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #94 of 110
I am going to try to make the NJ meet again this year. If scheduling works out I will be bringing the dynamic phone set up this year.

Source: Undecided
Amp: Toole Audio Balanced M^3
Headphones (All Balanced): HD-800, HD-600, Grado HF-2, Grado HP-2, AKG K-340

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #96 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depending on location and date, i may come as well. would probably just bring my HD800 and B52.

i see you sold your PS-1's
frown.gif
I was hoping to compare them to HF-2's

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #98 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would prefer to limit the amount of people trying to hype and sell stuff and focus mainly on the love of the hobby and unbiased opinions and impressions. Having vendors seems to up the tension and change the overall feel of the event... that is just me though.

/agree

any word on the date wavoman?

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #100 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would prefer to limit the amount of people trying to hype and sell stuff and focus mainly on the love of the hobby and unbiased opinions and impressions. Having vendors seems to up the tension and change the overall feel of the event... that is just me though.

X3

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #101 of 110
VENUE NEWS -- July 25th is the date, East Hanover is the place!
================================================

Since we felt squeezed last year, I tried to find more space. Looks like the Ramada in East Hanover is the ticket.

Ramada Inn & Conference Center

It does not give me a lot of confidence that the link for "Meeting & Banquets" is a broken url (and poor English besides), but let's hope there are no other screw ups!

Anyway if we agree to be out by 5 p.m. sharp we can have two sections of the main ballroom (first floor, no lugging of gear!) which is 1900 square feet. Whoo Hooo! That's like 100 people. So we can really spread out. NYC Meets -- eat your heart out!

Our office admin booked this, I haven't been over there yet, but I hear it is re-modeled. I will go in a few weeks (I am away prior) and be sure we get enough tables.

There is a great sports bar on premise so we can drift there at 5 pm while others load their cars, then we have a bazillion places for dinner -- Macaroni Grill was last year's choice, I think it worked, and it is even closer to this hotel. But lots of other options.

Same as last year -- do a big jar, take room donations, and I will cover the rest (or give to charity any overage -- New Jersey Food Bank like last year, OK?).

They provide only water pitchers and mints, so hide coke and Snapple in your backpacks.

Contract will arrive by email next week and I will sign and pay by credit card unless you all stop me first.

Someone else will take care of name badges, etc. ?? (I am not an official organizer).

Like NYC, I will bring cut-to-size Velcro one-wrap for your PMP+AMP combo, plus some solid maple isolation blocks (without the Cardas logo they cost about 941% less than the audio catalog price). These can be had if you drop a donation in the jar -- one custom cut strap or one block per greenback dropped. It takes three blocks to support each piece of gear Mapleshade says, and who the hell wouldn't want that horse blanket pulled off their speakers?

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #102 of 110
I'd love to come. That's the weekend at the end of my July vacation.

If I'm not away, Jersey is where I'll sway.
Thanks, Larry.

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #103 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm not away, Jersey is where I'll sway.

Don't be a piker, be there biker!
You're one of the few, can't meet without you.
If I had more time, I'd keep on with this rhyme.

Hey you started! Away and Sway? You do this in public?

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #104 of 110
That place is pretty nice - I video'd some weddings there back in the day - if it's been remodeled I'm sure it's even nicer. Thanks wavoman! I think I should be able to be there! Who brings the beer?
o2smile.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #105 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway if we agree to be out by 5 p.m. sharp

out by 5PM means amps go off at 4PM. that's a pretty short time period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back