Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #31 of 6,459
Quote:
I will get mine soon, I guess! :p

Grev,

The first batch of Skuld 8's will ship this coming week 08/13 (including yours).  The long labor on the Skuld's created some backlog for the series beyond prediction.  Will be getting stock built up on 6 ft. and 8 ft. lengths to help remedy soon as well, but as of right now it has been built to order.   We will most likely refund International shipping (and upgrade to Express if it wasn't already) for those Skuld 8 orders with the longer wait times. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #33 of 6,459
Quote:
Yep, Trevor makes some great cables. Still enjoying my Norse Norn 8 series cable with my LCD-3 to this day. 
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear it DK! 
Quote:
Well i have the Norn V1 and the V2, the V1 is one of the first 8-wire HE series cable that Trevor made and i am impressed from the build and the sound quality.

Thumbs up for Norse Audio,

I believe you are actually the first customer to receive an 8-conductor Norn for HE series
Quote:
No problem!  Would I be getting a confirmation email?

Grev you will indeed receive a confirmation this week with tracking information for EMS.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #35 of 6,459
I'm in the process of placing an order, probably a Norn2 for my HE400's, cant wait!

EDIT: Just Ordered! Cant wait to see the cable!

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #37 of 6,459
Excellent packaging!

Got my skuld-8 (audeze) and norn2 (hifiman) cables with a few terminations, looks and sounds great so far!!  :D

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #39 of 6,459
I will be getting a set of Skuld 8 quad twist for my LCD-3s! Trevor is an awesome guy to deal with.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #40 of 6,459
Just got my Skuld 8 today! Waiting till Monday for my adapter and Skuld 4 cable to arrive, then I'll finally be able to try it out. No balanced gear...yet. And I agree with Sab666, Trevor is indeed an awesome guy to deal with.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 6,459
Just got my Skuld 8 today! Waiting till Monday for my adapter and Skuld 4 cable to arrive, then I'll finally be able to try it out. No balanced gear...yet. And I agree with Sab666, Trevor is indeed an awesome guy to deal with.

Awesome man! Be sure to leave us your impressions. If you could more pics would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #42 of 6,459
Thanks! I'll try to get a couple more pictures when my adapter and Skuld 4 arrives. As for impressions, they feel and look a lot better than the stock cable, and I love the Y-splitter. I'll probably hold off on all sound impressions as I'm still not exactly a believer yet (first set of aftermarket headphone cables).

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #43 of 6,459
 Yesterday,I ordered the Skuld 4 with XLR 4-pin plug,these are for my Lcd-2"
I am totally new to any cable upgrading ,so?? a new, newbie with this.

Trevor ,has suggested that I might??,also be interested in the Skuld 8 {8 x25awg }.

Can anyone tell me ,if I will see much of a difference in SQ,between the two cables?
I would like to retain a neutral SQ with the Lcd's,as I'm expecting a big change with the mjolnir amp.
My previous amp was the Lyr.,which I loved.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated?
Also,as stated above,Trevor is absolutly fantastic..his e-mail replies are concise,to the point & detailed..a real professional.

Thanks
Mike

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #44 of 6,459
 Yesterday,I ordered the Skuld 4 with XLR 4-pin plug,these are for my Lcd-2"
I am totally new to any cable upgrading ,so?? a new, newbie with this.

Trevor ,has suggested that I might??,also be interested in the Skuld 8 {8 x25awg }.

Can anyone tell me ,if I will see much of a difference in SQ,between the two cables?
I would like to retain a neutral SQ with the Lcd's,as I'm expecting a big change with the mjolnir amp.
My previous amp was the Lyr.,which I loved.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated?
Also,as stated above,Trevor is absolutly fantastic..his e-mail replies are concise,to the point & detailed..a real professional.

Thanks
Mike

Hey Mike, the Skuld aims for the same neutrality as the Norn. The Skuld aims to be lighter as well as having these differences.

Skuld Series:

- 24 awg litz OCC (4 x 30 awg starquad per each 24 awg)
- Perfect soft anneal, Cryo treated
- PE super light / thin dielectric (best durability, flexibility, low microphonics, lightest weight)
- Starquad as well as self shielding 4-wire braid (ultimate noise rejection)

Norn v2 Series:

- 22 awg per conductor
- Tri-level litz up-occ (perfect anneal, 7x3x8, 44awg each strand)
- Cryo treated
- 100% textile jacketing (cotton) (light weight, low microphonics, superb flexibility)

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #45 of 6,459
Ah-OK-thanks for your reply.

As I said before,I'm a newbie at this..
What does all of the above answer...............mean?

I've ordered the Skuld 4,with the option from Trevor ,to let me test  a Skuld 8 {8 x25awg }.,and exchange ,if I so decide.
When you say "lighter",do you mean in SQ?

I'm coming from a Lyr,which from what I'm reading is an entirely different animal-correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back