Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 29, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #5,401 of 6,459
This my S4 8-wire, between 48 and 72 hours of ongoing "burn-in,", and also not necessarily too keen on bright colors, so it might not be too photogenic in this situation :

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

On the other hand, it sounds great already, so never mind the slightly challenged photogenic demeanor.
Such a beautiful cable. Listening to my Empyrean with it right now.

Might order a Vykari for the direct comparison some time this year.

May 30, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #5,402 of 6,459
This my S4 8-wire, between 48 and 72 hours of ongoing "burn-in,", and also not necessarily too keen on bright colors, so it might not be too photogenic in this situation :

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

On the other hand, it sounds great already, so never mind the slightly challenged photogenic demeanor.
Looks so Good 👍👍👍

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #5,404 of 6,459
Well gentlemen, speaking of "best purchases," the recent arrival of my 7ft S4 8-wire has had the ironic effect of cranking up my previously languishing appetite for a 7ft Vykari into overdrive, instead of satiating or appeasing my quest for the ultimate in cable performance as one would expect under "normal" circumstances..., which is where the "ironic" part comes in, but I digress.

Now in order to fund that appetite-on-steroids for the Vykari, I'm feeling compelled to let go of a few "golden oldies" (or "golden" but no so "oldies"), which is not necessarily a bad thing given how occasional "house cleaning" exercises like this one help me to keep in check some of my bad "hoarding" habits :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .

It is in the interest of determining reasonable used market prices for the following pre-owned cables that I need the help of veteran members of the forum:

1. A 15ft Norne Zoetic which is barely used, and might even need some break-in as a result (w/4-pin XLR and Hifiman HP 2.5mm terminations :

Zoetic IMG_0037.jpg

2. A 6ft Draug V3 cable, also w/4pin XLR, and Hifiman HP 2.5mm terminations:

Draug V3 IMG_0040.jpg

3. A 5ft Silvergarde S3, w/ 4-pin XLR and Audeze/ZMF mini XLR terminations:

S3IMG_0043.jpg

Helpful suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,405 of 6,459
Well gentlemen, speaking of "best purchases," the recent arrival of my 7ft S4 8-wire has had the ironic effect of cranking up my previously languishing appetite for a 7ft Vykari into overdrive, instead of satiating or appeasing my quest for the ultimate in cable performance as one would expect under "normal" circumstances..., which is where the "ironic" part comes in, but I digress.

Now in order to fund that appetite-on-steroids for the Vykari, I'm feeling compelled to let go of a few "golden oldies" (or "golden" but no so "oldies"), which is not necessarily a bad thing given how occasional "house cleaning" exercises like this one help me to keep in check some of my bad "hoarding" habits :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .

It is in the interest of determining reasonable used market prices for the following pre-owned cables that I need the help of veteran members of the forum:

1. A 15ft Norne Zoetic which is barely used, and might even need some break-in as a result (w/4-pin XLR and Hifiman HP 2.5mm terminations :

Zoetic IMG_0037.jpg

Draug V3 IMG_0040.jpg

S3IMG_0043.jpg

Sent a pm with suggestions

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #5,406 of 6,459

Zoetic IMG_0037.jpg

Draug V3 IMG_0040.jpg

S3IMG_0043.jpg

Damn fine cables you got there, and I am sure many are chomping at the bit to buy one!

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #5,408 of 6,459
Jun 12, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #5,410 of 6,459
I would once again like to extend my thanks to Norne Audio and Trevor. Following receipt of my Vykari Reference cable for my Focal Stellia in April, my bespoke S4 8-wire cable for my Utopia has arrived. This has a custom black sleeve with single silver tracer, which complements the silver detailing on the black Utopia nicely. Its a long weekend here in Hong Kong, and the forecast is rain, so I am settling in for some serious listening.

314F6C13-4698-40B6-94E7-0158BEFDCABD.jpeg

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #5,411 of 6,459
I would once again like to extend my thanks to Norne Audio and Trevor. Following receipt of my Vykari Reference cable for my Focal Stellia in April, my bespoke S4 8-wire cable for my Utopia has arrived. This has a custom black sleeve with single silver tracer, which complements the silver detailing on the black Utopia nicely. Its a long weekend here in Hong Kong, and the forecast is rain, so I am settling in for some serious listening.

I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #5,412 of 6,459

What an awesome setup bro!

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #5,413 of 6,459

Great cables. Single silver tracer looks also nice.

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #5,414 of 6,459
Jun 12, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #5,415 of 6,459
Thank you all. Setup is pretty much done for the time being. Now I just need to settle in and enjoy it.
Well do you also have Norne Interconnects to make the setup complete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back