Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 10, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #5,162 of 6,449
Wow! That is a killer looking cable. I have to get one of those. . .
So, I wrote that line above almost exactly a year ago, in regards to the Norne Draug SC Fusion.

I am happy to say, I finally got one, and man is it a special cable. I have had several Silvergarde versions and several Draug 3 cables in the past, and the Fusion combines the best of both, with the 50/50 silver/copper mix. This is the best cable I have heard, and I am so lucky to finally have one. :o2smile: This cable adds weight and power, with detail and finesse at the same time, and is very immersive with a deep and holographic stage. The added texture in the lower bass and mids is awesome, and the micro details in the mids and treble are coming through like never before. Overall, the sound is very refined and balanced with good air and space between the instruments and you can really tell their was a lot of thought and design behind this cable. Hooked up to my Verite Closed this pairing is Endgame no doubt.

20210410_051748.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #5,163 of 6,449

So, I wrote that line above almost exactly a year ago, in regards to the Norne Draug SC Fusion.

I am happy to say, I finally got one, and man is it a special cable. I have had several Silvergarde versions and several Draug 3 cables in the past, and the Fusion combines the best of both, with the 50/50 silver/copper mix. This is the best cable I have heard, and I am so lucky to finally have one. :o2smile: This cable adds weight and power, with detail and finesse at the same time, and is very immersive with a deep and holographic stage. The added texture in the lower bass and mids is awesome, and the micro details in the mids and treble are coming through like never before. Overall, the sound is very refined and balanced with good air and space between the instruments and you can really tell their was a lot of thought and design behind this cable. Hooked up to my Verite Closed this pairing is Endgame no doubt.

20210410_051748.jpg
Very nice. I agree this is a very good cable....seems all of Trevor's cables are very good.

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #5,164 of 6,449
Very nice. I agree this is a very good cable....seems all of Trevor's cables are very good.
Yeah he is in the business for quite some time, he knows how to create nothing but the very best.

Also when comparing with other manufacturers you often see that he doesn't sell awfully thin cables to get a bigger margin on the sale.
And on his flagships you receive quite a lot of cable (physically)
My point is, considering all that they are priced very customer friendly

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #5,165 of 6,449
Yeah he is in the business for quite some time, he knows how to create nothing but the very best.

Also when comparing with other manufacturers you often see that he doesn't sell awfully thin cables to get a bigger margin on the sale.
And on his flagships you receive quite a lot of cable (physically)
My point is, considering all that they are priced very customer friendly
You definitely get your money's worth when going with Norne. Best in the business.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #5,167 of 6,449
It finally came!
DX300 + Norne Silvergarde SX 8-wire + final A8000

This cable is beautiful and sounds SO much better than stock. Thanks Trevor!

fb20210410_062641.jpgfb20210410_063227.jpgfb20210410_062000.jpg
Absolutely killer looking setup!

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #5,169 of 6,449
The question that has been on my mind for a long time is this : How does the Vykari stack up against the Silvergarde 4 8-wire in performance? It really boggles my mind that no-one seems to have done a head to head between those two in order to find out who is the king of the Hill when paired with any particular headphones. Of course the S4 8-wire is the more expensive cable, but I am willing to keep an open mind about this face-off and assume (until proven otherwise) that in such price brackets, the difference in performance capabilities might not necessarily correspond to the price difference. I could be wrong, but, once again, I am keeping an open mind until I am proven wrong about that assumption.

In the meantime, may those who have auditioned the two cables speak up. We all know there are many Vykaries and S4 8-wires out there in the wild. I hope no-one who can address this question is keeping silent out of some kind of squeamishness :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #5,170 of 6,449
The question that has been on my mind for a long time is this : How does the Vykari stack up against the Silvergarde 4 8-wire in performance? It really boggles my mind that no-one seems to have done a head to head between those two in order to find out who is the king of the Hill when paired with any particular headphones. Of course the S4 8-wire is the more expensive cable, but I am willing to keep an open mind about this face-off and assume (until proven otherwise) that in such price brackets, the difference in performance capabilities might not necessarily correspond to the price difference. I could be wrong, but, once again, I am keeping an open mind until I am proven wrong about that assumption.

In the meantime, may those who have auditioned the two cables speak up. We all know there are many Vykaries and S4 8-wires out there in the wild. I hope no-one who can address this question is keeping silent out of some kind of squeamishness :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Why not just ask Trevor? It's been my experience that he is as truthful as any customer reviewer would be. He can tell you what differences you can expect. Not many people are going to spend $2,200 on two cables to do a head-to-head comparison.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #5,171 of 6,449
Why not just ask Trevor? It's been my experience that he is as truthful as any customer reviewer would be. He can tell you what differences you can expect. Not many people are going to spend $2,200 on two cables to do a head-to-head comparison.
Already did, repeatedly, and not gotten a straight answer, as yet. I am not holding it against him, and wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't asked. Still holding out hope that someone has had the opportunity to audition both at least, even if they do not own either cable.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #5,172 of 6,449
Already did, repeatedly, and not gotten a straight answer, as yet. I am not holding it against him, and wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't asked.

I didn't get a concrete answer from him either, other than the Silvergarde was still his TOTL cable. I always thought silver & copper cable mix was worse than either pure copper or pure silver.

Apr 11, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #5,173 of 6,449
I didn't get a concrete answer from him either, other than the Silvergarde was still his TOTL cable. I always thought silver & copper cable mix was worse than either pure copper or pure silver.
Historically I think some sought silver-copper hybrids to assure the warmth / prominent low frequencies of copper + the clarity / detail / high frequencies of silver were both present, but Trevor's silver cables break the stereotype of silver as bright or sibilant or over emphasizing treble...at least my Silvergarde S3 exhibits none of those traits. Thus, as silver is a slightly better conductor than copper I'd think of Silvergarde S4 8 wire as having an edge over Vykari from first principles. But of course, I'm sure this will vary depending upon the headphones / synergy with the other components of one's chain. Objectivism aside, perhaps there is some magic/ alchemy involved as well as Norne's secret sauce...so yes comparisons would be welcomed.

Apr 11, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #5,174 of 6,449
I would not say a hybrid is better or worse than all copper or silver. It comes down to personal preferences and synergy with rest of gear in the chain. That's the beauty of having options, and of course the all silver cable is gonna cost more, but that does not mean it is better.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #5,175 of 6,449
From what I'm hearing, the Silvergarde SX 8-wire added major presence in the vocal region, also an impressive expansion in dynamics (can be intense and explosive) and soundstage. Trevor said the larger the guage, the more presence everything has, and it really is true; i feel like i've come up to the front row and even on stage sometimes, rather than five or seven seats back. Everything sounds so BIG and magnificent as a whole. I feel like the Silvergarde totally transformed the A8000s into what they were meant to be, instead of sounding thin and somewhat lifeless with the stock cable. I think it not only solved a number of problems i had with the stock cable sound wise, but it totally exceeded my expectations on how good of an improvement i was going to actually come to realize using this cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back