Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #5,026 of 6,459
Yeah me too, needless to say I will report back in here. However Trevor is a real Gentleman, so even if it doesn't work we got it all sorted.

Hope is high that it will soon arrive here.
After that he will still manufacture my interconnects, here I am still contemplating if I should upgrade from Silvergarde S4 to Vykari

I have the Vykari interconnects, but those are my only ICs so I can’t really compare the sonic qualities with others. But from a pure wire gauge perspective, Vykari is larger than the 4-wire S4 (I’m assuming you’re getting the 4-wire S4 for ICs), so like you said, it can give a fuller sound due to its size.

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #5,027 of 6,459
I have the Vykari interconnects, but those are my only ICs so I can’t really compare the sonic qualities with others. But from a pure wire gauge perspective, Vykari is larger than the 4-wire S4 (I’m assuming you’re getting the 4-wire S4 for ICs), so like you said, it can give a fuller sound due to its size.
Yeah that's what I expect to gain.
In the end I will likely upgrade to ease the mind, if I don't I will always wonder if I would have prefered the Vykari.

And Vykari isn't that much more expensive than regular S4.

Do you have pictures of your interconnects?

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #5,029 of 6,459
Just noticed from your signature that you also ordered a regular 19awg Silvergarde S4 for your IEMs
That one should also arrive for my Shure Se846.

Interesting to see so many others with those special requests :D

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #5,030 of 6,459
Just noticed from your signature that you also ordered a regular 19awg Silvergarde S4 for your IEMs
That one should also arrive for my Shure Se846.

Interesting to see so many others with those special requests :D

Yeah that is interesting. I ended up ordering a Kyvern (24awg silver litz) for my Audeze LCD-i4 based on Trevor's recommendation.

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #5,031 of 6,459
Yeah that is interesting. I ended up ordering a Kyvern (24awg silver litz) for my Audeze LCD-i4 based on Trevor's recommendation.
My initial order was so much smaller, since I didn't know about the possibility of all those special requests.

At First I also ordered the Kyvern. As well as regular 21awg fusion interconnects.
Then I saw your S4 interconnects posted here and contacted Trevor again, since he initially only told me about 21awg fusion and pure silver interconnects.

This reminded him of some special orders like Silvergarde S4 IEM cables and interconnects like S4 and Vykari.
Needless to say I went sort of crazy afterwards... but in return I have stuff that is among the very best money can buy

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #5,032 of 6,459
My initial order was so much smaller, since I didn't know about the possibility of all those special requests.

At First I also ordered the Kyvern. As well as regular 21awg fusion interconnects.
Then I saw your S4 interconnects posted here and contacted Trevor again, since he initially only told me about 21awg fusion and pure silver interconnects.

This reminded him of some special orders like Silvergarde S4 IEM cables and interconnects like S4 and Vykari.
Needless to say I went sort of crazy afterwards... but in return I have stuff that is among the very best money can buy

Lol, yes, i'm glad to help you lighten your wallet too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For my LCD-i4, it was just more of an experiment anyhoo. I've only used cipher cable with LCD-i4, but am curious to try out on my desktop setup. I don't realistically expect I'll give the LCD-i4 a a lot of ear time, but who knows.

But depending on what you have to say about the 8-wire...that may end up lightening my wallet...

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #5,033 of 6,459
Lol, yes, i'm glad to help you lighten your wallet too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For my LCD-i4, it was just more of an experiment anyhoo. I've only used cipher cable with LCD-i4, but am curious to try out on my desktop setup. I don't realistically expect I'll give the LCD-i4 a a lot of ear time, but who knows.

But depending on what you have to say about the 8-wire...that may end up lightening my wallet...
We have such "good" influence in each other.
Of course I will Post my impressions

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #5,034 of 6,459
but 8-wire as also Trevor says, sounds better on easier to drive headphones than Susvara/AB-1266, like He1000 and such..?

And yes the 8-wire Version also sounds better on easier to drive headphones.

Okay, so does the 8-wire S4 version sound "worse," e.g. worse than the 4-wire S4, if one is going to use if for hard to drive cans?

I've been thinking of upgrading from the S4 to the 8-wire S4, but I intend to use the 8-wire mostly with the Susvara and the LCD-4, both of which are two types of "hard-to-drive." So what does it mean, I should just stick with my 4-wire S4 and ditch the idea of upgrading altogether, or what?

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #5,035 of 6,459
Okay, so does the 8-wire S4 version sound "worse," e.g. worse than the 4-wire S4, if one is going to use if for hard to drive cans?

I've been thinking of upgrading from the S4 to the 8-wire S4, but I intend to use the 8-wire mostly with the Susvara and the LCD-4, both of which are two types of "hard-to-drive." So what does it mean, I should just stick with my 4-wire S4 and ditch the idea of upgrading altogether, or what?
No it definitely does not sound worse on hard to drive cans.

As I interpreted his question it was wether the 8 wire only gives benefits to hard to drive headphones or also to easy to drive headphones.

It certainly gives benefits to both!
With those cans you will certainly hear improvements when going for the 8 wire.
The question is wether the improvement is Big enough for you to justify double the price, especially since you already have a regular S4

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #5,036 of 6,459
Do you have pictures of your interconnects?

The Vykari interconnects are sleeved and shielded, as always, you can choose the color. I also attached the picture of S4 IEM cable he made for my Erlkonig :relaxed:

C7DDA5B2-9039-4066-9475-30C5F0A83622.jpeg2C022C6D-B9EE-4F0E-BBD7-701D1136D4A5.jpegF0D706D1-31B0-4AA6-9245-1BA05BC21264.jpeg

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #5,037 of 6,459
The Vykari interconnects are sleeved and shielded, as always, you can choose the color. I also attached the picture of S4 IEM cable he made for my Erlkonig :relaxed:

C7DDA5B2-9039-4066-9475-30C5F0A83622.jpeg2C022C6D-B9EE-4F0E-BBD7-701D1136D4A5.jpegF0D706D1-31B0-4AA6-9245-1BA05BC21264.jpeg
We chose the exact same color on the interconnects. So this will basically be how one of mine will look like.
Those are the double shielded variants I suppose.

Thanks for sharing.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #5,038 of 6,459
We chose the exact same color on the interconnects. So this will basically be how one of mine will look like.
Those are the double shielded variants I suppose.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes they’re double shielded. A bit OOT, but I just realized that seeing the picture of my IEM setup, it costs almost $9k, and yet the sound can never match my desktop setup which costs less :sweat_smile:

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #5,039 of 6,459
Yes they’re double shielded. A bit OOT, but I just realized that seeing the picture of my IEM setup, it costs almost $9k, and yet the sound can never match my desktop setup which costs less :sweat_smile:
I am not well aware of Mobile devices. Wouldn't have guessed from the picture.
For my sanity it helped a lot to have stopped counting After it was worth more than my car...

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #5,040 of 6,459
@normie610 8-wire or bust! i know you appreciate this....

6C859ACF-BAD6-4ED5-93CB-C027EBCC32C3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back