Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 16, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #4,621 of 6,449
Okay guys, are there any advantages or disadvantages (SQ-related or not) between choosing either rhodium or gold connectors for headphones? How about TRS as opposed to TS connectors?

I am sort of tired of reading conflicting expert opinions about such advantages and disadvantages. I am thinking there ought to be a simpler answer. The cable of interest is the silvergarde S4, and yes I have asked for Trevor's advice too, but I am asking here while awaiting his input.
Hi,
Not too sure about headphone cables but I know Shunyata do not recommend Rhodium plating for their power cords.

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #4,622 of 6,449
Just got my 8-wire fusion cable...as usual, worth the wait. Impeccable craftsmanship, and they are really highlighting the best of what my LX SE has to offer. @TigzStudio thank you!
555BE810-EB18-4B25-B7F7-263E65CD6E7E.jpeg

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,625 of 6,449
How are they for comfort and weight?
They are obviously on the heavy side, but I’m still able to walk around with them with my DAP in my pocket. So, I’d say workable. I’ve asked Trevor to create a shirt clip for me that will fit this (and my Silvergarde 8-wire), which will 100% address the slight portability concerns I have.
ultimately I would say this depends on your tolerance...if you’re stationary, I have zero issues. If you’re walking around, it’s workable but a shirt clip will make it perfectly fine.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #4,628 of 6,449
I have found that while the cables are very nice, it takes a while to get them. And communication is slow. I'm sure he is busy and this may not be his main job. One reason I am hesitating to order another cable. Just seems to take a long time and correspondence is spotty.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #4,629 of 6,449
I have found that while the cables are very nice, it takes a while to get them. And communication is slow. I'm sure he is busy and this may not be his main job. One reason I am hesitating to order another cable. Just seems to take a long time and correspondence is spotty.
Just curious, I wonder why everyone is in such a hurry to get an optional cable for a headphone and OEM cable they already have?

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #4,631 of 6,449
Just curious, I wonder why everyone is in such a hurry to get an optional cable for a headphone and OEM cable they already have?
Not sure what you consider a hurry. But the last two cables I ordered took about 5-6 weeks. Not an eternity, but there are other quality sources to choose from. Not all the cables I have ordered were replacing an existing cable. Some I couldn't use the equipment till I got the cable. I could have ordered something cheap to use in the mean time I guess.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #4,632 of 6,449
I still consider Norne an excellent company and Trevor a good guy to work with. Just have to know what the timetable is going to be when you order.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #4,633 of 6,449
Not sure what you consider a hurry. But the last two cables I ordered took about 5-6 weeks. Not an eternity, but there are other quality sources to choose from. Not all the cables I have ordered were replacing an existing cable. Some I couldn't use the equipment till I got the cable. I could have ordered something cheap to use in the mean time I guess.
Haha true. 5-6 weeks doesn't impact me, but I guess it's all subjective. Cheers! :)

Oct 20, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #4,634 of 6,449
He’s starting to miss his deadlines again....ah well

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #4,635 of 6,449
Guys just plan ahead. Assume there will be a one month wait for your order at a minimum, but within two months is more likely. Make your holiday purchases now, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back