Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 29, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #4,351 of 6,452
:L3000: Proud new owner of my third Norne Audio cable. Enter the Nameless One, a custom silver 8-wire creation by cablemaster Trevor Goldman. Sleeve is silver/black slim herringbone. Splitter is Wenge wood. Connector is Oyaide P285T. His pre-shipment picture below mine.

0526201528.jpg
NamelessOne-silverblack-herring-01.jpg
That one is amazing

May 29, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #4,353 of 6,452
Just placed my first order with a silvergarde s3 clear, definitely stoked. Anyone know what the current turnaround is roughly? Thanks!

I got the same one and it was about 2 weeks from order to it being received. Order was placed exactly a month ago. You should e-mail them directly to get better estimation.

May 29, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #4,354 of 6,452
Just placed my first order with a silvergarde s3 clear, definitely stoked. Anyone know what the current turnaround is roughly? Thanks!
Great choice, I use the same with my Focal Stellia's and they sound great! I received mine in about 5 days. But, I live close to Norne Audio and I think I got lucky with my particularly order. I would say 1-3 weeks? Chris

May 29, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #4,355 of 6,452
Any thoughts on the Oyaide 1/4" vs Eidolic? Purely an aesthetic decision?

For me it was mostly an aesthetic decision. I've ordered it on every Norne so far. I just don't like the look of the Eidolics with all the carbon fiber. I think the Oyaide looks more sophisticated and the Japanese build quality has a very solid, sturdy feel. The Eidolic is an aluminum barrel mated to a multi-piece copper alloy body. The Oyaide is CNC machined from a bar of brass and nickel-plated.

May 29, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #4,356 of 6,452
For me it was mostly an aesthetic decision. I've ordered it on every Norne so far. I just don't like the look of the Eidolics with all the carbon fiber. I think the Oyaide looks more sophisticated and the Japanese build quality has a very solid, sturdy feel. The Eidolic is an aluminum barrel mated to a multi-piece copper alloy body. The Oyaide is CNC machined from a bar of brass and nickel-plated.

Yes indeed Oyaide makes top notch stuff. I've used Eidolic on my Norne cables in the past but plan to go w/ Oyaide on my next.

May 30, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #4,357 of 6,452
:L3000: Proud new owner of my third Norne Audio cable. Enter the Nameless One, a custom silver 8-wire creation by cablemaster Trevor Goldman. Sleeve is silver/black slim herringbone. Splitter is Wenge wood. Connector is Oyaide P285T. His pre-shipment picture below mine.

0526201528.jpg
NamelessOne-silverblack-herring-01.jpg
Beautiful, and I've water-ski'd behind thinner ropes! :ksc75smile:

May 30, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #4,359 of 6,452
My Skraug finally arrived today, after being Stuck in customs for what felt like an eternity.

Right in time for a prolonged Weekend.

The buildquality of the cable far exceeded my expectations. It's thicker than any Stock cable I've ever seen and at the same time 10x more flexible. I am blown away.

I personally like Eidolic terminations, even though I'd have preferred the 4pin XLR displayed on the Website instead of the new one.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #4,360 of 6,452
Had this cable for a year or better but was browsing this thread, saw a few pics of Volsund cables and was inspired to show off mine.

I love the color combo of this cable, as soon as I saw an example of this color combo I knew it was what I wanted, still love just as much to this day. Can't forget to mention that the Volsund is an excellent match to my tastes, sound wise with the Clears. The Clears come with a 3 nice cables but they are really stiff and uncomfortable to use IMO.

Without any further ado....

uA36ecC.jpg

a9ovicf.jpg

YPoVWAs.jpg

Attachments

• 20200601_202719.jpg
    20200601_202719.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200601_202734.jpg
    20200601_202734.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200601_202753.jpg
    20200601_202753.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #4,361 of 6,452
Had this cable for a year or better but was browsing this thread, saw a few pics of Volsund cables and was inspired to show off mine.

I love the color combo of this cable, as soon as I saw an example of this color combo I knew it was what I wanted, still love just as much to this day. Can't forget to mention that the Volsund is an excellent match to my tastes, sound wise with the Clears. The Clears come with a 3 nice cables but they are really stiff and uncomfortable to use IMO.

Without any further ado....

uA36ecC.jpg

a9ovicf.jpg

YPoVWAs.jpg
I’m new to the Norne brand, tried posting a question on an older forum and was redirected here (thanks koven).
I need what appears to be in one of the pics above.. a converter from male 4 pin to 6.5TRS to connect my Utopias to a Chord Dave. My Silvergarde cable came with the headphones, so I’m eager to try... can Trevor provide a converter or has anyone else tried an alternative quality solution ? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #4,362 of 6,452
@Naimthatune , absolutely, Trevor can make you a silvergarde adapter in whatever length you would like. Reach out to him.

If it were me, especially with that high end of a cable and headphone, I would want the the matching cable adapter as opposed to using some other cabling.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #4,363 of 6,452
@Naimthatune , absolutely, Trevor can make you a silvergarde adapter in whatever length you would like. Reach out to him.

If it were me, especially with that high end of a cable and headphone, I would want the the matching cable adapter as opposed to using some other cabling.
Thanks for the quick reply.
anyone have a way of reaching Trevor?
Tried the website...
Cheers!

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #4,364 of 6,452
I’m new to the Norne brand, tried posting a question on an older forum and was redirected here (thanks koven).
I need what appears to be in one of the pics above.. a converter from male 4 pin to 6.5TRS to connect my Utopias to a Chord Dave. My Silvergarde cable came with the headphones, so I’m eager to try... can Trevor provide a converter or has anyone else tried an alternative quality solution ? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Yes, he made a similar adapter for my Silvergarde which perfectly matched the cable. Email communication with him is very helpful, although may take several days. The quality of his craftsmanship and integrity of his character in dealing with customers more than makes up for any delays...worth the wait!

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #4,365 of 6,452
You need this:
10189641_thumb.jpg

This is for an older model but Trevor can make it out of your Silvergarde config easily.
Reach him out by email. It's on his website. He'll reply whenever he can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back