Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 22, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #3,766 of 6,449
I don’t think there are necessarily any “secrets” per say other than great experience and the ability to apply the knowledge from that experience. I think Trevor combines his experience with good cable science. He also uses quality wire in large gauges and tweaks that wire to get the sound he is after.

Plus he does a lot of listening and experimenting.

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #3,767 of 6,449
Several years ago, I bought expensive cables from a guy named Bob Crump. I discovered him on Audio Asylum. Bob sent me an IC to try in my system. I used it to connect my CD player. WOW!!!!, I contacted Bob to buy it. He said it was $800. I begged borrowed and scrapped up the $800 for Bob and later bought enough including silver power cords and speaker wires for a complete loam of TG Audio wires for my Cary/Merlin system.
Bob is a legend on Audio Asylum and I still get contacts wanting to buy my wires.
Bob got his wire from a company in Virginia. The name escapes me at the moment since I am an old guy. This company made Audio cables too. Bob got a sample of their wires and tried them. They sucked. Bob examined the wires and discovered that they did not know how to correctly terminate their cables, so he shared his expertise and the Synchestra Signature copper IC was born. Priced reasonably it is a great copper IC.
Sorry to be so long winded, but that's what happens when you are 71 and have been foolling around with audio for nearly 50 years.

UPDATE. The company where Bob Crump bought his wire is Luminous Audio Technology

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #3,768 of 6,449
What Norne headphone cables are you Senn HD 800 owners using on your HD 800s as well as the S model????????

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #3,769 of 6,449
What Norne headphone cables are you Senn HD 800 owners using on your HD 800s as well as the S model????????

I am waiting on a new Draug 3, all black with gunmetal Eidolic hardware. As described by Trevor, it will be "tuned for the HD800". Can't wait.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #3,770 of 6,449

I'm using the Volsund and love it. I haven't heard the Draug yet so I can't compare, sorry.

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #3,771 of 6,449

I used the Draug when they had the HD800.

Jun 24, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #3,772 of 6,449
Jun 24, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #3,773 of 6,449
With a woo wa2 otl amp and metrum nos dac, i use a volsund and the silver draug

Happy with bioth. Prefer the silver draug thougb

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3,774 of 6,449
My S3-12 wires arrived for a while already, I’m very happy to have it in my collection which I have the prion4, Vertere Hb double run and S3-8 S3-4 for comparison soon
I’m waiting Trevor to get me ultra shot adaptor for abyss to susvara and also the speaker tap of S3-12

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #3,775 of 6,449
My S3-12 wires arrived for a while already, I’m very happy to have it in my collection where I have the prion4, Vertere Hb double run and S3-8 S3-4 for comparison soon
I’m waiting Trevor to get me ultra shot adaptor for abyss to susvara and also the speaker tap of S3-12

Wow! That'd be great to hear your impressions with those cables, esp. with your 4/8/12 wire Norne's of course.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #3,776 of 6,449
A little info about the s3-12wires, it’s expensive and if you consider to get one, you should ask Trevor by email.
It’s definitely a lot better than s3-4wires in terms of the quality , details and soundstage.
However the tuning of the sound is a bit different, I will have a detailed comparison when I got the s3-8wires

I think most important is to compare it with prion4 which currently is a very top grade hp cable in the market

Trevor’s cable is the top cable company in headphone world for no doubt. However, it’s about the tuning of sound where you like it or not

I don’t agree that expensive equal to the best while Tevors cable is not very very expensive , I think it’s reasonable and impressive with its price range, plus even can beat or compare with higher price range product

For my view, S3-8 should be able to compare with prion4 and s3-12 might even able to outperform prion4

In my history of cable purchase, I bought Danacable first then change to prion 4S which is higher sheilding of prion4 after that I bought Vertere Hb double run which cost me at 3300 usd around, lastly I bought S3 4wires and 12 wires, and now 8 wires as well

Jun 24, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #3,777 of 6,449
A little info about the s3-12wires, it’s expensive and if you consider to get one, you should ask Trevor by email.
It’s definitely a lot better than s3-4wires in terms of the quality , details and soundstage.
However the tuning of the sound is a bit different, I will have a detailed comparison when I got the s3-8wires

I think most important is to compare it with prion4 which currently is a very top grade hp cable in the market

Trevor’s cable is the top cable company in headphone world for no doubt. However, it’s about the tuning of sound where you like it or not

I don’t agree that expensive equal to the best while Tevors cable is not very very expensive , I think it’s reasonable and impressive with its price range, plus even can beat or compare with higher price range product

For my view, S3-8 should be able to compare with prion4 and s3-12 might even able to outperform prion4

In my history of cable purchase, I bought Danacable first then change to prion 4S which is higher sheilding of prion4 after that I bought Vertere Hb double run which cost me at 3300 usd around, lastly I bought S3 4wires and 12 wires, and now 8 wires as well
I would imagine the s3-8 and 12 wire would be a little warmer sounding with additional clarity?

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #3,778 of 6,449
What is Norne's best cable? The Einvaldi or the layered S3?

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,780 of 6,449
Still using my miserly Solvine and absolutely rockin' it to this day with 4z. I will upgrade to S3 when it is time to go balanced, but for now the synergy is really there, maybe it is just a great match with the Hugo 2 tending to be hyper-accurate so it is a match for sure. Can't beat Trevor's cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back