Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 7, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #2,881 of 6,459
Sto wondering and hit that order button :grin:
Lol... slowly... I have a full silver Draug v2 coming for my Z1R. The wallet needs recharging.

Oct 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #2,882 of 6,459
Lol... slowly... I have a full silver Draug v2 coming for my Z1R. The wallet needs recharging.
If only the wallet can be recharged exactly like our phones :)

Oct 7, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,883 of 6,459
Just got my Solv X cables for Alpha Primes. This completes my wonderful mid fi setup: Stoner Acoustics EGD, Cavalli Liquid Carbon, Norne Audio Solv X, MrSpeakers Alpha Primes.

20171007_121507.jpg

I love the attention to detail, like how the logo on the connectors faces outward at a nice angle perfectly mirrored on both sides.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but the build quality is great and it's just beautiful. Trevor offers a red that perfectly matches the claret of the Alpha cups. I debated between black as the other color to mirror the Alphas, but I'm glad I chose the dark grey in the herringbone, I think the black would have made the cable too bold.

Solv X cable is wonderfully thin and light. I chose a wooden splitter and it has a very pleasing handmade look to it. Here is a closeup:

20171007_120433.jpg

And Trevor is just awesome, conscientious, highly principled. He felt my order wasn't processed in a satisfactory fashion even though I was perfectly fine with it and he's going to some lengths to "make it up to me," even though I told him it's not necessary.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #2,884 of 6,459
I think Trevor's work is superior. His expertise craftsmanship and his profession attention to detail (in matters from communication and taking care of the customer's ideals) are not easily surpassed.
I wish I had more phones I needed cables for so I could get more Norne bliss, one feeds the other? Damnable hobby...

Cheers to you Trevor.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #2,885 of 6,459
Just got my Solv X cables for Alpha Primes. This completes my wonderful mid fi setup: Stoner Acoustics EGD, Cavalli Liquid Carbon, Norne Audio Solv X, MrSpeakers Alpha Primes.

I love the attention to detail, like how the logo on the connectors faces outward at a nice angle perfectly mirrored on both sides.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but the build quality is great and it's just beautiful. Trevor offers a red that perfectly matches the claret of the Alpha cups. I debated between black as the other color to mirror the Alphas, but I'm glad I chose the dark grey in the herringbone, I think the black would have made the cable too bold.

Solv X cable is wonderfully thin and light. I chose a wooden splitter and it has a very pleasing handmade look to it. Here is a closeup:

And Trevor is just awesome, conscientious, highly principled. He felt my order wasn't processed in a satisfactory fashion even though I was perfectly fine with it and he's going to some lengths to "make it up to me," even though I told him it's not necessary.

I have nearly the same cable on my HE-400i and it just wonderful. Excellent presentation.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #2,886 of 6,459
I think Trevor's work is superior. His expertise craftsmanship and his profession attention to detail (in matters from communication and taking care of the customer's ideals) are not easily surpassed.
I wish I had more phones I needed cables for so I could get more Norne bliss, one feeds the other? Damnable hobby...

Cheers to you Trevor.
I feel the same way about Trevors cables LOL

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,887 of 6,459
So the Solv X. When I ordered these I expected a marginal improvement, maybe even barely perceptible. I had tried some other (less expensive) custom cables and that was my experience. And I know there's folks who say expensive cables are not worth it.

But these Solv X cables, the improvement in sound is remarkable. It was evident from the moment I hit play. Everything just pops, with a lot more meat, without sacrificing any clarity or detail. Music sounds so much more immediate, if you know what I mean. I'm simply amazed.

Now I have to order the Draug, to see how those sound. Great thing about MrSpeakers phones, afaik they use the same connectors, so anything I order for Primes should work on Aeon or Ether, so I can go nuts on the cables.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #2,888 of 6,459
So the Solv X. When I ordered these I expected a marginal improvement, maybe even barely perceptible. I had tried some other (less expensive) custom cables and that was my experience. And I know there's folks who say expensive cables are not worth it.

But these Solv X cables, the improvement in sound is remarkable. It was evident from the moment I hit play. Everything just pops, with a lot more meat, without sacrificing any clarity or detail. Music sounds so much more immediate, if you know what I mean. I'm simply amazed.

Now I have to order the Draug, to see how those sound. Great thing about MrSpeakers phones, afaik they use the same connectors, so anything I order for Primes should work on Aeon or Ether, so I can go nuts on the cables.
I have the draug 2c on my ether c flows and the difference over my forza noir's was totally amazing

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #2,889 of 6,459
I own the Draugv2 for my Code-x headphones, and the difference between the Draugv2 and the Forza Noir/Hybrid and other cables I've tried so far is pretty apparent - The sound stage specially opens up with the Draugv2. I wonder how the Draug V2c compares with the DraugV2.

Oct 9, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #2,890 of 6,459
Hi guys, I'm looking for a mid-priced cable for my cans (HE1000v1, LCD-X, HD800S). Sound-wise, looking for tonal richness, detail without sacrificing smoothness, and better soundstage and imaging/layering.

Previously using the Lazuli Reference but couldn't justify keeping it bcos I only listen to my desktop system occasionally. Considering Vanquish and Zoetic. Which would be better for my preferences? I used to like ALO Reference 16 which was an SPC/copper hybrid so I'm leaning a bit more to the Vanquish.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #2,891 of 6,459
I have nearly the same cable on my HE-400i and it just wonderful. Excellent presentation.

Speaking of HE 400is, I have a pair of those too, as does my brother in law. I want to get Norne cables for my brother in law but I wonder what would be best for Hifiman planars: Solv X, Draug, Vanquish, Zoetic?

I have the draug 2c on my ether c flows and the difference over my forza noir's was totally amazing

Ether Flows are my dream phones. But that price though.

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,892 of 6,459
I have a quick question for those that have ordered cables before from norne, I have ordered a draug V2, the new cable that they just got in, and was wondering when the order is complete ,do they send a tracking or do they send the cable out and it just shows up or do they send an email notification that they're shipping. Thank you

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,893 of 6,459
I have a quick question for those that have ordered cables before from norne, I have ordered a draug V2, the new cable that they just got in, and was wondering when the order is complete ,do they send a tracking or do they send the cable out and it just shows up or do they send an email notification that they're shipping. Thank you
You should get a tracking number. But if your order shows complete and nothing is happening, it may be a bug in the system. That happened to me so you'll want to make sure you notify him of the error if that's the case.

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #2,894 of 6,459
Thank you for your reply, I will stay on top of it on my end thanks again

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,895 of 6,459
Thank you for your reply, I will stay on top of it on my end thanks again

connieflyer, please shoot me a PM (or email via site contact form) with your order number and I will check for you
and send you an update in email asap.

To all else, thank you as always for the patience.
Been doing my best to get to all emails as quickly as possible recently.

Further thanks to all for your posts and feedback, always truly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back