Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #2,851 of 6,452
Trevor I sent you an email with no response. Sent you a PM as well. Please respond when you can.

Thanks

Sep 8, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #2,852 of 6,452
I have as well, but I think he is really busy at this time. So if you want one of his cables you may have to wait a little bit to hear from him, from what I hear they're well worth it.

Sep 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #2,853 of 6,452
Trevor from Norne Audio is one of the best and was such a easy guy to talk to and he helped me out a first time purchaser of headphone cables way more than expected.

I originally purchased a Draug 2C for a Mr. Speakers Ether C and was so stupid that I thought the Y-connector was movable. So I literally shred some of the wire in my attempt to adjust the cable height. When I asked Trevor about this he said that he would replace the cable free of charge even though it was my fault entirely and even was gracious enough to throw in a extra cable on the house.

I even asked if it was possible towards the end of the build order to add a 4pin female adapter into a 1/4 plug as soon as he could make one and got it done at a discounted price.

Norne Audio has a customer for life and I am planning on further cable purchases with Norne Audio in the future.

All I can say is I have never heard such a difference with the Norne Draug 2C and I am looking at his Silvergarde 2 with eager eyes.

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #2,854 of 6,452
Anyone using the Silvergarde w/ Sony Z1R? While very resolved and detailed I find it brighter than neutral. W/ stock cable the Z1R is quite warm and never thought this headphone can ever sound bright but w/ the Silvergarde it does.

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #2,855 of 6,452
Anyone using the Silvergarde w/ Sony Z1R? While very resolved and detailed I find it brighter than neutral. W/ stock cable the Z1R is quite warm and never thought this headphone can ever sound bright but w/ the Silvergarde it does.
Silvergarde cleans up the Treble, what you are hearing is a very transparent Treble, happened to my LCD 3 and 4 too

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #2,856 of 6,452
Yes agreed it did clean up the treble quite a bit, but at the same time it seem to emphasize HF so that everything is spotlighted. Bass is great but there just seem to be too much energy in everything.

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #2,858 of 6,452
Let us know what you hear different on the 800's I have an email conversation on going with trevor about ordering on, just waiting for pricing to order one. So far very high marks from most people. Good luck

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #2,860 of 6,452
This arrived today. Wow... That cable quality!
qypIl8W.jpg

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,863 of 6,452

Jozurr,
I will take a look and see if I can find your email now.
I have replied in PM.

To all:
working on getting email replies out right now, If I missed your email please let me know.
Thanks again to everyone for your patience and support here.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #2,864 of 6,452
Hey guys, please excuse my phone pix for this is the only cam I have for now but this is something I cannot NOT share to the head-fi community cuz I was astounded by it's presentation when I opened the package today.. the pix doesn't do justice, it actually looks so much better in real life.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
798eEjd

798eEjd

798eEjd.jpg

6YRJnIZ.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #2,865 of 6,452
Hey guys, please excuse my phone pix for this is the only cam I have for now but this is something I cannot NOT share to the head-fi community cuz I was astounded by it's presentation when I opened the package today.. the pix doesn't do justice, it actually looks so much better in real life.

798eEjd

798eEjd

798eEjd.jpg

6YRJnIZ.jpg
Yes, having received my first cable from Norne yesterday, I was also taken aback to how well the packaging was done. I've ordered another 2 cables today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back