Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 17, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,056 of 6,452
Got my cables - thanks Trevor.

Hmm - so here is where I am at.

Tidal / Hi Def downloads via Roon -> Sonicorbiter -> Curious Usb -> Regen -> Curious Link -> Metrum Pavane -> Grover Hoffman Empress IC -> Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP (stock tubes but have 8x KT150's to roll in) -> Norne Silvergarde from speaker taps -> Norne Silvergarde HP cable -> Abyss.

So happy. Freaking awesome.

Cables are new so take with grain of salt. No typical silver brightness, bass still bit shy (compared with stock Abyss cables) but sure it will come around. Mids, transparency excellent already. And they will get better!

Have not heard DHC Spore cables (but 6x the price) or JPS Superconductors (8x the price) on the Abyss to compare. Don't have "stupid money"...

May 17, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2,057 of 6,452
woah congrats DocD, the setup looks great!

@Trevor - had dropped you an email abt my order of a balanced (2.5mm) to SE (3.5mm) adapter, dont know if you received it ?

May 17, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #2,058 of 6,452
Don't have "stupid money"...

You have the Abyss? Which "stock" cable did you get? Assume the "lite"? The 1200 dollar aluminum cable seems silly imho. But I can't imagine it being better than the silvergarde S. I'd put money on it even.
I would think the silvergarde would be better in all frequencies compared to the lite or the superconductor cable.. What makes it a super conductor? I thought aluminum only scores 61% on the IACS chart? I'm confused, I wouldn't think aluminum is anywhere near being considered a super conductor! A chain link fence is aluminum and surely can't sound good. I'm positive there must be more to the cable... Maybe just the outer connectors are aluminum, the cable ought to be something like silver or copper at least.. Enough about that, I'm definitely interested in your opinion on the silvergarde S with your Abyss! I don't own a pair but know someone who does and Is quite interested in the silvergarde S.. I know the silvergarde s has some of the finest silver ever and I'm surely loving mine paired with my HEX.
Congrats on the purchase DocD!!! Sounds like you got quite the setup too! Care to share some photos of your gear? :)

May 17, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #2,059 of 6,452
woah congrats DocD, the setup looks great!

@Trevor - had dropped you an email abt my order of a balanced (2.5mm) to SE (3.5mm) adapter, dont know if you received it ?

I found your email and will have a reply for you soon.

To all else I will have replies this evening as well,
have been back and forth visiting a family member in the hospital.

But emails will be normal again tonight and tomorrow. 

May 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #2,061 of 6,452

Please see my post above the one you just made.

Also please go ahead and PM me your email addy so I can make sure I get you a reply asap (I will do a search in the inbox).

May 17, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #2,062 of 6,452
Hey Trevor! Sorry, I didn't know that.. Just hoping all is well .. Family comes first. My order can wait. No worries!
Again, apologies for coming on so straight!

May 17, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #2,063 of 6,452

Oh no biggie at all, I just want to make sure I get you a proper reply this evening as I will be attempting to get all emails answered and
all updates sent tonight.  I also sent you a PM on this. 

p.s.
Anyone else that has not got an email or update in past couple of days please shoot me a PM
or alternatively use contact form on the site.  Otherwise you should receive it within the next few hours. 

May 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #2,064 of 6,452
  Oh no biggie at all, I just want to make sure I get you a proper reply this evening as I will be attempting to get all emails answered and
all updates sent tonight.  I also sent you a PM on this. 

p.s.
Anyone else that has not got an email or update in past couple of days please shoot me a PM
or alternatively use contact form on the site.  Otherwise you should receive it within the next few hours. 

Thx Trevor for being so responsible - salutes ! 

Got the shipping number and the order is underway :) 

May 19, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #2,065 of 6,452
So the wait time on the Draug 2 is quite long?

How about the Silvergarde?

May 20, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #2,066 of 6,452
Trevor just confirmed my TOTL Silvergarde S. I'm having it done for my HD800S and cant wait to receive them. There has been some back and forth and it's been about a month half but I've been patient. Be sure I will be posting my thoughts on the cables when I get em :)

May 21, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #2,067 of 6,452
Well, just got my Draug 2 and what a thing this is. I knew it was going to be beautiful, but this takes my breath away. I have a listening session set up tonight to test these out. MBP to Bimby to Lyr 2 to Ethers with this cable. A good Bordeaux rounds the event. Can't wait. Will post some impression tomorrow.

May 21, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #2,069 of 6,452
Well, just got my Draug 2 and what a thing this is. I knew it was going to be beautiful, but this takes my breath away. I have a listening session set up tonight to test these out. MBP to Bimby to Lyr 2 to Ethers with this cable. A good Bordeaux rounds the event. Can't wait. Will post some impression tomorrow.

wow can't wait for tomorrow for you review, those connectors look gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back