Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 7, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,366 of 6,452
I recieved my SolvX balanced cables for my Senn HD650 a few days ago.

out of the packaging, this cable is a big big improvement over my Zu Mobius cable (ive had the Zu + HD650 combo for 5-6 years now). If the Mobius removed the veil off the stock senn cable, the SolvX removes another veil off the Mobius. The SolvX also  brings in smoother trebles, lusher mids, and a much bigger soundstage. The bass i feel is on par, but a little more texture than the Zu cable.  

other than that, i must commend Trevor for being extremely patient, answering all my queries promptly, and delivering an excellent product. I ordered my cables before the new year, but such was Trevor's customer service that i had no qualms waiting for him to overcome the holiday backlog.

thumbs up, Trevor. keep up the good work.

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #1,367 of 6,452
  So I've pulled the trigger on a Draug2 for my HD800. Now the wait.

How heavy is this cable? I'm currently using a Q Audio LCD-2 cable with earring adapters for the HD800. My main motivation for looking into another cable was the added weight of the mini xlrs dangling from my HD800. Although the "earrings" are light, there is just that slight extra pull and a tiny bit of up/down wiggle compared to the stock cable which sits flush in the inputs.

I'm cable agnostic but I've always been a fan of Steve's Q and the smooth sound I get from it. Keen to hear how the Draug2 compares and if it's worthy of all the hype when paired with the HD800.

Why did you go with the Draug2 over the Solv X?

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,370 of 6,452
I recieved my SolvX balanced cables for my Senn HD650 a few days ago.

out of the packaging, this cable is a big big improvement over my Zu Mobius cable (ive had the Zu + HD650 combo for 5-6 years now). If the Mobius removed the veil off the stock senn cable, the SolvX removes another veil off the Mobius. The SolvX also  brings in smoother trebles, lusher mids, and a much bigger soundstage. The bass i feel is on par, but a little more texture than the Zu cable.  

other than that, i must commend Trevor for being extremely patient, answering all my queries promptly, and delivering an excellent product. I ordered my cables before the new year, but such was Trevor's customer service that i had no qualms waiting for him to overcome the holiday backlog.

thumbs up, Trevor. keep up the good work.

Congratulation!
I also ordered SolvX around last Christmas and still wait...patiently.

Trevor could have been extremely busy because he didn't response my last 3 Email.

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,371 of 6,452

Just found your email in our old norse account. I very rarely check the old email you are sending to and any emails to that account are not forwarded to the new account at this time.
I will send you the correct email to use for future reference.  Regardless you will have a reply shortly with your tracking number. 

edit:  email sent.

note:  for all others waiting on emails for the last 24 hours, I am working on clearing them all now. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,374 of 6,452
What is the current build time for one of these cables?

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,375 of 6,452
  What is the current build time for one of these cables?

I would like to know this as well. Are we starting to see a decline in wait time as all of the "Holiday Season" orders get shipped or is the wait time still about the same? 
confused.gif

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,376 of 6,452
quick update:
have been out of office today and most of yesterday unexpectedly, so for those waiting for a tracking number recently
there is a day or so delay on it being sent your way. 

note: 
will work on getting replies to the many emails this evening (pst).

Clearing the last of 01/Jan and beginning of 02/Feb orders this week.
You can send an email over for an estimate on a particular build wait time. 
Thanks again for everyone hanging in there during very busy times.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #1,377 of 6,452
I just had to stop by and add a few words for Trevor. I received a brand spanking new Solv x cable yesterday. When you've been in the headphone game as long as many of us here, it's not very often that products meet out expectations much less exceed them. The Solv cable exceeds my expectations, both in terms of build quality and beautiful sound. It gave my exactly what I was looking for with my hd650...a touch more clarity while retaining the rest of the signature. 

For the hd650, Audeze lcd series and Oppo line this cable should be at the top of your list. I'll post a few pics soon. I just have to find the will to quit listening long enough to take the pictures. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,379 of 6,452
I'm still waiting for my Solv cables... :frowning2:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #1,380 of 6,452
  quick update:
have been out of office today and most of yesterday unexpectedly, so for those waiting for a tracking number recently
there is a day or so delay on it being sent your way. 

note: 
will work on getting replies to the many emails this evening (pst).

You can send an email over for an estimate on a particular build wait time. 
Thanks again for everyone hanging in there during very busy times.

Patience people, patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back