Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 29, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #5,282 of 6,459
So I have been rocking with my new to me Solvine 2s hooked up to my Verite C, and this cable really is a rocker! The Solvine's specialty is incredible bass punch and mids texture, with slightly forward vocals, and a crazy holographic stage. There is a bit more bite with snappier transients and texture, compared to the smoother and grander sounding Draug 3SC Fusion. I have been using a Draug 3s all copper cable for years, and just recently added some hybrid cables, I have to say there is something magical that happens with the soundstage when you mix silver with copper, and I can't get enough.

I believe I might have a special version of the Solvine, and if you look at this picture you will notice there is 2 less all copper wires per channel, compared to all other Sovline's I have seen. I am not sure if this is where the name "2s" came from, but this ratio of copper to silver is dynamite together. Also, this version actually is not braided, and all wires are twisted instead, which reminds me of the OG Silvergarde S that I used to own.

20210421_143741.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #5,283 of 6,459
The website currently has just the Drausk Lite for all-copper Litz headphone cables....
The larger Drausk copper occ litz clear version is currently on preorder, so it just requires email contact at this time. It is expected to start shipping (hopefully) May 10 to 12 for the earliest orders. There are more updates coming by this weekend to the site as well.

Apr 30, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #5,284 of 6,459
20210428_180630.jpg

Final Silvergarde for now. LCD-4 is the second-best headphone in the world for me and therefore deserved one.

Apr 30, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #5,285 of 6,459
20210428_180630.jpg
Final Silvergarde for now. LCD-4 is the second-best headphone in the world for me and therefore deserved one.
That splitter looks killer, with the color of sleeve!

May 1, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #5,286 of 6,459
Anyone with a ZMF Auteur like to opine on which cable is preferred. On the website, there's only the Silvergarde S4, S3-C, and Drausk Lite. Is there an advantage from moving up from the Drausk to the S3-C or from S3-C to S4? I currently am using the ZMF OFC cable. I thought that was clearly better than the stock cable. I hope buying a Norne would even upgrade the sound more.

May 1, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #5,287 of 6,459
When I had the Auteur I found it a little on the bright side. I would avoid the silver and go with copper or hybrid.

May 1, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #5,288 of 6,459
Anyone with a ZMF Auteur like to opine on which cable is preferred. On the website, there's only the Silvergarde S4, S3-C, and Drausk Lite. Is there an advantage from moving up from the Drausk to the S3-C or from S3-C to S4? I currently am using the ZMF OFC cable. I thought that was clearly better than the stock cable. I hope buying a Norne would even upgrade the sound more.
I would email Trevor and get his thoughts on it. He will undoubtedly have a well-informed point of view.

May 1, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #5,289 of 6,459

this was my previously stated experience, if this may help
I had an auteur with volsund and silver draug.
the volsund “amplified” what the auteur offers.
the silver draug played well with it and gave more detail and a bit more energy.

I preferred the silver draug. But both (silver and copper) are good and are different offerings

i would recommend having/trying both
(and use adapters if your headphones have different connection)

May 1, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #5,290 of 6,459
Using the older Silvergarde 3 with Auteur and it is wonderful.

May 1, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #5,291 of 6,459
I would just say that with the Norne cables I haven’t found all silver to be bright. More neutral and resolving. I usually avoid hybrid as I find them to accentuate the treble. But I have not heard Trevor’s version of hybrid cables. Typically hybrid are silver plated copper which I don’t like. Trevor’s are completely different so I’ll leave that for someone else to comment on.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #5,292 of 6,459
First and foremost I would like to thank Trevor for his outstanding service! What a great guy to deal with! Was patient with me throughout the whole ordering and figuring process.

Just got this piece of artwork in the mail today. It is nothing short of stunning to look at!

20210503_154356.jpg

The quality and craftsmanship that was put into this cable is astounding. This is my first foray into higher end cables. I was always on the fence due to skepticism. A little nudge from @ksorota after a quick pm chat and here I am with a Norne Solvine cable.

Well it's time to get this party started. Current cable I'm using is a cheap Venus Audio cable from eBay. Will report back later after a good jam session.

PS: Thanks again Trevor for everything! You have a permanent customer going forward!
:beerchug:

May 3, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #5,293 of 6,459
First and foremost I would like to thank Trevor for his outstanding service! What a great guy to deal with! Was patient with me throughout the whole ordering and figuring process.

Just got this piece of artwork in the mail today. It is nothing short of stunning to look at!

20210503_154356.jpg

The quality and craftsmanship that was put into this cable is astounding. This is my first foray into higher end cables. I was always on the fence due to skepticism. A little nudge from @ksorota after a quick pm chat and here I am with a Norne Solvine cable.

Well it's time to get this party started. Current cable I'm using is a cheap Venus Audio cable from eBay. Will report back later after a good jam session.

PS: Thanks again Trevor for everything! You have a permanent customer going forward!
Exciting and congratulations!

Photos just can’t do Trevor’s work justice, nor can they communicate the tactile experience of his cables- the quality is just more apparent in person. And that’s before you even get to hear the sound improvements. 😊

I am always going to try to find solutions where I can keep “a Trevor original”, even if that means using adapters or otherwise. They are simply exceptional.

I look forward to your listening impressions!

May 3, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #5,294 of 6,459

20210503_154356.jpg

Beautiful bro! Welcome to the club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back