Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 3, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #2,792 of 6,459
I received my Silvergarde S2 (for my Focal Utopia) from Trevor a few days ago. I believe this flagship model uses cotton fiber in its construction. It is very flexible for such a thick cable. I am currently breaking it in together with my newly completed Beta 22 fully balanced amp. As far as workmanship goes, I would say that this is the very best that I have ever seen. Period. As for the sound, my first impression is that it is tonally completely neutral, with transparency and fine musical detail reproduction that is unmatched by any other cable (and I own a couple similarly priced, TOTL cables from other manufacturers). There is no harshness at all, just free flow of beautiful music, something I did not expect from a brand new pure silver cable. For fellow head-fiers who are waiting for cables from Trevor, please be patient; the waiting is well worth it!

IMG_20170603_192904.jpg

Jun 7, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #2,795 of 6,459
Perhaps anyone interested should pm Trevor. I placed my order back in February.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #2,796 of 6,459
Hi. I love my silvergarde s with my hd800

However I've just bought the se846 this week and looking into the therium (4 or 8) and the silvergarde.
I am still to play with the filters

From reading a bit here I'm assuming the silvergarde will have more bottom (tight) end and probably hVe more overall weight in sound, I guess

I am considering going with either the pha 3 or alo cdm as I have both but will only (perhaps) keep one so the choice of cable will probably interact with that.

Any personal views on what works better and why and what I should keep in mind in my pondering?

Thanks in advance

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,797 of 6,459

However I've just bought the se846 this week and looking into the therium (4 or 8) and the silvergarde.

From reading a bit here I'm assuming the silvergarde will have more bottom (tight) end and probably hVe more overall weight in sound, I guess

I am considering going with either the pha 3 or alo cdm as I have both but will only (perhaps) keep one so the choice of cable will probably interact with that.

Any personal views on what works better and why and what I should keep in mind in my pondering?

Thanks in advance

Hello
One major point is that se846 is very sensitive and with low impedance. I think you should check those aspects with your sources

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,798 of 6,459
Hello
One major point is that se846 is very sensitive and with low impedance. I think you should check those aspects with your sources
Mmmm...the lowest output impedance i have is the alo cdm (about 1). I also have a sony pha 3 but i have read the impedance there might be about 3. However that might be a better suit re sound based on early impressions

Mind you for portability i dont mind it out of my iphone 6 plus either

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #2,800 of 6,459

Thanks in advance

I know that I owe you a more definitive answer on the Therium/Silvergarde comparison, but with the new kittens (monsters), I don't dare not being able to hear anything that they are getting into at ALL TIMES. So I haven't listened to any of my personal gear for longer than I like to think about. I don't know how to insert a link to a post in a different thread. But I think you can find the original post from the 846 thread by looking at post history in my profile. Personally I like my Silvergarde over my 8 Wire Therium. What I explain in the post that the below quote comes from pretty much sums up what I experienced the one time that I did some cable/IEM swapping. The Silvergarde added a level of detail that I had not heard before from the 846's, which I had primarily paired with my Therium cable.

"What I wanted to convey is that I experienced a Holy Crap moment yesterday using a 846/Silvergarde combo with my X5. Very Pleasantly Surprised!"

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #2,801 of 6,459
I know that I owe you a more definitive answer on the Therium/Silvergarde comparison, but with the new kittens (monsters), I don't dare not being able to hear anything that they are getting into at ALL TIMES. So I haven't listened to any of my personal gear for longer than I like to think about. I don't know how to insert a link to a post in a different thread. But I think you can find the original post from the 846 thread by looking at post history in my profile. Personally I like my Silvergarde over my 8 Wire Therium. What I explain in the post that the below quote comes from pretty much sums up what I experienced the one time that I did some cable/IEM swapping. The Silvergarde added a level of detail that I had not heard before from the 846's, which I had primarily paired with my Therium cable.

"What I wanted to convey is that I experienced a Holy Crap moment yesterday using a 846/Silvergarde combo with my X5. Very Pleasantly Surprised!"
No problem re not getting back. I think i did see that quote earlier

Thanks

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #2,802 of 6,459
Is trevor around or has he gone missing for a while??

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #2,803 of 6,459
I'd suspect he's making cables!

Jul 7, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,804 of 6,459
Apologies everyone I have been buried in work so my update on the thread has been a bit slower lately.
I will be replying to recent posts hopefully this evening.
Whenever I could find some time between builds I have also been working to get the site update done behind the scenes. Possibly
this weekend I should have most stuff listed up. My focus is of course all builds getting done first and foremost, so this is why
the site update was a bit slower this time around. Thanks to all for hanging in there as always.

Jul 9, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #2,805 of 6,459
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back