Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #211 of 6,449
Don't have the 6s hardwired yet.  It has to be the right cable for those..  

No the LCDs or the Senns don't have hardwires..

I 'll do hardwires on:

Denons  (Cable on the way for the D5000)
HFMs (not the HE-6 yet)
Audio-Technicas
AKGs
T1s (not yet)

I think I'm going to get 2 pair of T50RPs hardwired and send then to Dan and Luis so they can do their thing..

Oh you hardwire them yourself?

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #214 of 6,449
Yesterday I received my Reign series cable from Trevor for my HD600's and so far I couldn't be happier. I will post some impressions after the weekend when I have time to do more critical listening. I'm really diggin' the Valab 3.5mm, which I'm glad Trevor suggested. Here's some pics, there's quite a few because I like to show the amount of effect and craftsman ship that you get from Norse. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Thanks Trevor!!!!!

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #221 of 6,449
For me the Reign 24 took some getting use to or some may call it burn in.  It was a bit sharp or had a etch to it at first.  So I put the headphones down ant let them play for a few hours.  After that I came back the etch was gone.  However, it still had a sharpness to it.  So I just ran some pink noise over night and until I got home from work the next day.  Boy O Boy did that work.  Trevor told me he only put like 2 or 3 hours on it because he wanted to get it shipped out.  Please note.  I never experienced this upon receiving any other cable from Trev. 

Do I believe in burn in now?  Hell yeah.  For these Regin 24 cables anyway.  After about 2 days of "burn in".  I really hate using that term.  Whatever.  It really did tame the cable down.  As of right now this is my favorite cable and the best cable I ever heard so far.  It sure didn't start out that way.  All the Norn2s and Skuld 4 I got from Trev previously sound good right out the box.  The Reign 24 is a special cable and like other things that's special it deserves lots of attention.  Like tubes they don't sound their best unless they've been warmed up for a few hours.  This cable needs a burn in period.

Trevor is getting a lot of business now it seems.  For him to stay ahead of his orders I really don't think he has the time to let these cable burn it properly.  No fault of his.  Just remember if you decide to get a Reign 24 give it the time to warm up or burn in.  I don't know about the small Reign cables.  I 'll see about them soon enough. 

I will be getting the Reign 24 for all my flagship headphones.  HD800, T1 and the mighty HE-6

Thanks Trevor for a job well done.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #222 of 6,449
Quote:
For me the Reign 24 took some getting use to or some may call it burn in.  It was a bit sharp or had a etch to it at first.  So I put the headphones down ant let them play for a few hours.  After that I came back the etch was gone.  However, it still had a sharpness to it.  So I just ran some pink noise over night and until I got home from work the next day.  Boy O Boy did that work.  Trevor told me he only put like 2 or 3 hours on it because he wanted to get it shipped out.  Please note.  I never experienced this upon receiving any other cable from Trev. 

Do I believe in burn in now?  Hell yeah.  For these Regin 24 cables anyway.  After about 2 days of "burn in".  I really hate using that term.  Whatever.  It really did tame the cable down.  As of right now this is my favorite cable and the best cable I ever heard so far.  It sure didn't start out that way.  All the Norn2s and Skuld 4 I got from Trev previously sound good right out the box.  The Reign 24 is a special cable and like other things that's special it deserves lots of attention.  Like tubes they don't sound their best unless they've been warmed up for a few hours.  This cable needs a burn in period.

Trevor is getting a lot of business now it seems.  For him to stay ahead of his orders I really don't think he has the time to let these cable burn it properly.  No fault of his.  Just remember if you decide to get a Reign 24 give it the time to warm up or burn in.  I don't know about the small Reign cables.  I 'll see about them soon enough. 

I will be getting the Reign 24 for all my flagship headphones.  HD800, T1 and the mighty HE-6

Thanks Trevor for a job well done.

It's good to hear this from someone who I know has a ton of Norse Audio cables. I'm burning mine in with pink noise right now actually so I can do some critical listening over the weekend.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #224 of 6,449

Just received Norse Skuld cables for my Audeze... they are fantastic!

Thanks Trevor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back