Nordost Heimdall headphone cable
Jan 21, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #122 of 191
Originally Posted by Sonic Guild /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did u find the Heimdall 2 with the Utopia bright? thin?

H2 is a tad (but not overly) bright but this is a great upgrade cable over stock. Still preferring my Silver Spore 4 and Silver Complement 4 and imho if budget can be stretched, DHC cables are great.

The big downside of the Heimdall2 headphone cables are it's build quality. For $800 the last thing you'll expect is getting 32AWG cables for your money (even my item cables are much thicker)...not that it matter in terms of SQ but I always have a feeling that the cable will snap unless I treat it like a baby...something you might want to keep in mind before buying

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #123 of 191

H2 is a tad (but not overly) bright but this is a great upgrade cable over stock. Still preferring my Silver Spore 4 and Silver Complement 4 and imho if budget can be stretched, DHC cables are great.

The big downside of the Heimdall2 headphone cables are it's build quality. For $800 the last thing you'll expect is getting 32AWG cables for your money (even my item cables are much thicker)...not that it matter in terms of SQ but I always have a feeling that the cable will snap unless I treat it like a baby...something you might want to keep in mind before buying

Most likely I will get the Cardas Clear for the Utopia.
Utopia requires a cable that softly presents the highs. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #124 of 191

Personally, I prefer the Nordost XLR termination + adaptors. It allows me to use one cable in different configurations. I have never had a cable failure. The cable is light weight so it doesn't drag your head down. I like that the Heimdall2 does not color the sound or change the characteristics of the headphones. Music sounds more open and more alive with the Heimdall2.

What adapters are you using for the H2?  Double Helix, Norne?  Thanks

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #125 of 191

Major shame on Nordost...to think that when you bought an expensive cable, the last thing you'll expect to see is that it comes in a chicken wire size cable, and the need to constantly be worried about your cable snapping off or be damaged by the slightest mishandling.

Tho Nordost provided 2 adapters (1/4" and 3.5mm TRS) for it's default XLR termination, they are bulky and uncomfortable to use. Not having the option to order them with different termination is also a pain

OTOH, the cable matches pretty well with my Utopia thus far. How well? I won't know until all my other cables (from DHC, Norne, Wywires & Plus Sound) arrives and I get to compare them side by side. Unless this Nordost stands out against the competition, it looks like this will be quick good bye as I'll move on to other more robust and better sounding options.

Hi-  Wondered if you had any new insights or thoughts on how this cable compares?  Kindly:)

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #126 of 191
It is a great sounding cable.

It does look delicate, however I'm sure it will stand up to normal abuse.

There's a review online where the reviewer uses the H2 on his mobile DAP every day for months. He keeps saying how it looks like it'll break but it never did...

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #127 of 191
Originally Posted by krumley7882 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi-  Wondered if you had any new insights or thoughts on how this cable compares?  Kindly:)

Sold my Nordost...preferring my DHC Silver Spore4 and Complement4 as to my ear, these DHC are more balanced as well as rendering a fuller sound to both my Abyss and Utopia.

But if you do get a chance to pick up the H2, I would certainly recommend them as they are pretty good cable and you may ended up liking them just fine

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #128 of 191
Anyone compared he1000v2 Stock cable and heimdall 2? Thanks

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #129 of 191
Reviving an old thread just to say its sounds stunning w/ my PMx2!

nfyKbTal.jpg

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #130 of 191
Also, now on sale at Massdrop for $530. I have the Cards Clear for my HE1000v1 so not likely to get it, but this is a great deal.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #131 of 191
Hi all, just wanted to chime in;

I recently got the Heimdall 2 for use with Sony Z1R; its a good combination!

I do prefer them to the Sony branded Kimbers, which I found a little too dark for my liking.

With the Heimdalls, the Z1R sounds lighter, airy-er, yet still maintaining a good kick in the bass.

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #132 of 191
Can't decide between the Cardas clear or Nordost Heimdall to go with my new LCD2C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back