NorCal Summer Meet Saturday 6/28/2008
Jun 28, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #211 of 225
I just bought a 4GB card for my Rebel XSi, so if nobody minds, I'll be the one taking pictures like crazy.
redface.gif

The estimated start-to-finish time is 10AM - 6PM, right?

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #212 of 225
Who's gonna be there at 10 on the dot? Since it's my bday I will probably only be staying for 2 to 3 hours but I want to know when most people will show up. I'm thinking from 12 to 2pm sounds about optimal.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #214 of 225
Hey let me know if anyone has an integrated amp they want to bring to sell me, I am looking for nad, nak, cambridge, creek, arcam, or similar. looking for a cheap price, or a cheap price with a trade. I have an onkyo txsr304 receiver (2 months old) i can throw in. dont care about the year, but prefer early 80s and up.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #216 of 225
I am packing up gear now, can't wait for this thing. My girlfriend's birthday party is in the evening so I can't stay too long, but at least a few good hours.

Had serious trouble with casing the Beta22 top, will be bringing the "temporary solution" (20 minutes of cutting and drilling uneven holes in steel chassis to ventilate).
tongue.gif
Looks ugly but works.

Now I'm running into the problem of NOT ENOUGH SOURCES. I only have two diyMOD iPods and a third source could really help. I think I'll be skipping the PPA on this meet, Beta22 has loop-out so it'll be amping one diyMod, other will be portable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by analogsonar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey let me know if anyone has an integrated amp they want to bring to sell me, I am looking for nad, nak, cambridge, creek, arcam, or similar. looking for a cheap price, or a cheap price with a trade. I have an onkyo txsr304 receiver (2 months old) i can throw in. dont care about the year, but prefer early 80s and up.

How much are you looking to spend? I'll have my DIY integrated amp for sale in a few months. It's run off two custom power supplies, one powers the MINT PreAmp/Headphone amp (2-channel modded with PSU ground) and 2x LM3886 GainClones, both maxed out. Does about 70W into 8Ohms; sounds great with my Wharfedale 9.2s.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #217 of 225
Everything is sounding amazing right now! Well, I'm off to bed... Err... See everyone in a bit more than seven hours!
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #218 of 225
i'm guessing not as much as that one, i'm more in the used 325bee range than something with 2 power supplies. depends though, in a few months i would probably be into it. more interested in buying something made in the free world than some mass market import.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #223 of 225
Ping!

Ok just wanted 1320 before going to the meet. Is there really a supremus forum?

Okay, serious off topic here, but whatever.

I'll redeem myself: I'm just finishing up packing my NWO and two headphones and a few cables. I'm picking up FallingAngel and we're off to the EastBay...

Cya'll soon!

Neil

Correction: FallenAngel

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #225 of 225
Just want to try my luck I guess....

If anyone willing to give me a ride, I really appreciate it (will share gas).
I live in Sunnyvale..

I can bring my SEXTETT and M^3 AMP.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back