NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009
Jul 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #166 of 351
No one should have to opt out of a meet, JP man, please come up with some numbers, if we have to make members pledge amounts towards this meet, we can do so on this same thread and try and get a total amount on the first page so that we can get the extra room for 300 bucks.

While I feel it might not be necessary to have a fixed amount as an entry fee of some sort, its better to give an idea on what is the minimum expectation so that each person can decide to either give that amount or more depending on their preferences.

I think at this point, its a good idea to have these numbers on the first page. Along with gear, maybe people can write down how much they are willing to give towards this event. If you give an idea on whats expected, then I'm sure it'll make it easier for the members to pledge amounts.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #167 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankCooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DIY (yet another) tube amp. At least this one is fairly small.

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #168 of 351
I will be bringing a laptop and a few listening devices. I won't take up much space. I can even bring my own space. I currently use a tv tray as my workspace. I will even bring my own chairs.

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #169 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be bringing a laptop and a few listening devices. I won't take up much space. I can even bring my own space. I currently use a tv tray as my workspace. I will even bring my own chairs.

Eek, are you sure a TV tray will be sturdy enough? The ones I have at home can tip over at a moment's notice if you even bump into it at the right angle.

For me, I plan to bring one setup:

Laptop + KECES DAC-151 + Gilmore Lite + Shure SRH840

I figure the 'phones are so new still, that people will be interested in what they sound like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #170 of 351
Looks like I will just be bringing my ears. My phones are well represented here (Thanks to Mike), and my sources are in storage right now. Been living off my Imod as a source. It's really not all that terrible
tongue.gif

If I stop by my storage before the meet, I will bring my power conditioner which has extra outlets - something always needed at meets.

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #171 of 351
Let's go for the extra room, JP, and people will just have to step up and put down some cash. I will also put up something for a raffle so long as people are willing to make it worthwhile by buying tickets.
smily_headphones1.gif

My planned setup is:

Mac Mini running Amarra
Amarra Model 4
Luxman P-1
Some cans

Oh yeah, plus Asr's HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition and Woo Audio's WES
Some cans that work with those amps

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #172 of 351
I don't mind paying a little more for more room. Just got off the phone with Dan from Bottlehead, he's coming down with a lot of cool gear! Here is what I am bringing:

Bottlehead SEX amp
HD 497 headphone
Sony CD player

Cary Chin

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #173 of 351
Dangit. I'm gonna miss Bottleheads?!?!? Crap.

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #174 of 351
I will need a couple of tables for all the stuff that we are talking about bringing and I have already contacted JP about Bottlehead and Tape Project helping out on covering that second room.

At this point it looks like I will bring my Nagra T Audio tape machine with one of our Tube Repro amps in it and a full set of TP albums. Shawn is putting together a distribution box so we can run four listening stations from the Tube Repro. These will probably be
1) our new Quickie battery powered preamp kit modded into a headphone amp, running some relatively inexpensive cans that are TBD
2) A S.E.X. amp with MagneQuest iron upgrade running ironbut's AT AD2000s
3) My "big" headphone amp, a single gain stage 6C45pi amp with dual mono power supplies, hybrid shunt regulation, active loads, MagneQuest TL-404 headphone output autoformers, custom Jupiter coupling caps, Electroswitch switches, Daven 111dB attenuators, balanced transformer inputs, and lots of other audiophile blah, blah, bling running HD800s
and 4) a pair of Paramount 300B monoblocks with a passive volume control, running some K-1000s

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #176 of 351
I will bring the same gear as the LA mini mega meet:

Sonic Frontiers SFCD1 cd player
Sonett single ended output amplifier
Sonett balanced output amplifier
DT880/250 headphones

Let me know my share to contribute $$$.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #178 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, plus Asr's HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition and Woo Audio's WES
Some cans that work with those amps

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just in case anyone missed this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evil_smiley.gif

Cheers,

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #180 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankCooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot the gear. I know I'm late , so don't feel bad about cutting me.

Audio Note dac
Audio Alchemy transport
JVC DX-1000 headphones
DIY (yet another) tube amp. At least this one is fairly small.

Frank, please bring your rig as they are works of art and people really should see them. Between editing duplicate gear and at a minimum the exec board room for some of the high end stuff we'll be ok. Keep in Monday that most members share a table so at least 10 of the tables will have two rigs and the board room can accomodate 5 - 7 rigs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back