NorCal Meet Interest Check
Dec 2, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #16 of 36
The later dates are better for me. Definately voting for the "Englander"! If it hadn't been for Mikeymad the last meet would have been a desert! Thanks in advance jp! I'll buy a round.

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 36
I will be in Berkeley the 23rd (maybe the 30th although there is a good chance that I will be flying back that day). I would definitely attend if it were somewhere I could get to by BART since I won't have a car. I am not sure how much gear I would have with me though. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 23rd! It would be fun to hang out with the NorCal-ers.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #19 of 36
I'm in Santa Clara County and limited to travel within Santa Clara County... Any chance of getting a more south bay friendly meet location?

BTW if this is too limiting for everyone else, by all means go and enjoy the meet!! And have fun for me!

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #20 of 36
Any date other than the 16th is fine with me.

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #21 of 36
Any date okay by me. Never heard of the Englander, but I like the pub idea if they keep the fee lower than a hotel. Provided ambient noise is not distracting.

I hope Uncle Erik can make the meet. I'd love to meet a guy who owns over a dozen cans including mine (k240df) and has made 14k+ posts.

As for transportation difficulties for some posters -- why not arrange a carpool request/offer thread?

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #22 of 36
flacvest sorry but the meet is being held either in the east bay (san leandro) or in the upper peninsula.

I will check with the englander on monday after work to inquire as to price and total space available.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 36
I see that the BART goes to San Leandro and drops off pretty close to the pub so I will definitely be there if I am in town. I would probably bring JH13's and Pico (amp/dac) but could be convinced to bring the GS-1 and another pair of cans if someone wanted me to do so.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
flacvest sorry but the meet is being held either in the east bay (san leandro) or in the upper peninsula.

I will check with the englander on monday after work to inquire as to price and total space available.

Just because it's far doesn't mean I won't try to make the drive anyway.
normal_smile .gif
I just wanted to put it out there that it could be far for those who live further south.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankCooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The later dates are better for me. Definately voting for the "Englander"! If it hadn't been for Mikeymad the last meet would have been a desert! Thanks in advance jp! I'll buy a round.

Now we're talking. You better stay in the area this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sable /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Englander is a great place. If it's Jan 16 or 30, I'd like to join you. What time you usually meet, is in the afternoon?

Sable, it would be good to see you again. I met you at my first meet at the Radisson, and I think we had lunch with a small group and maybe again at the National there. It's funny, but I wondered what happened to you because it has been so long since I saw you post, let alone go to a meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be in Berkeley the 23rd (maybe the 30th although there is a good chance that I will be flying back that day). I would definitely attend if it were somewhere I could get to by BART since I won't have a car. I am not sure how much gear I would have with me though. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 23rd! It would be fun to hang out with the NorCal-ers.

That would really be cool Shelley, but you might have to fly out on the 31st.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the pub would definitely make for a more interesting meet. Well at least for those of us whose idea of a meet, these days, has more to do with people and less to do with gear.

I would be more likely to be available on the later dates, but anything could happen.

Peter, glad to know you are coming.

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #29 of 36
Ok, just made my flight reservations. I will be leaving on the 31st so I can attend either a 23th or 30th event as long as it is accessible by public transportation.
biggrin.gif

I would be great to be able to attend this meet since I will have to miss the "local" DFW meet on the 26th because of this trip.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #30 of 36
Gosh! I hate meets being held on Saturdays as I have work on the weekends.

Math conference at Berkeley for you Shelly? You can always sneak out of those conferences as my friend often did when he had to attend them in Berkeley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back