Norah Jones New Stuff Appreciation Thread
Nov 26, 2012 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
For a minute there, it seemed like Norah Jones might get stuck in that old-school boring jazz appreciation Diana Krall genre. Thankfully, that didn't happen! 
deadhorse.gif

Now Norah Jones has released two records that are WAY better than anything Diana Krall has ever released. 
wink.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks, Norah! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 9
The Fall is excellent from beginning to end.  Little Broken Hearts is still growing on me (I find it a little aimless musically compared to everything else I've heard from her) but there's one song on it that immediately made my Top 50 Songs of All Time list upon my first listen: Miriam.

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 9
I love her first two albums, the first Little Willies album, just amazing to me. Love Stuck and Tell Your Mama on her 4th album...need to give a listen to her latest...I can just never stop listening to the first two though!

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 9
For anyone who likes Norah Jones, try this video. This is Norah performing "She's 22" from the latest album 'Little Broken Hearts' on the The Late Show with David Letterman:

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 9
Fantastic version of that song.  Another of my favorites from that album. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 9
Got all her albums as well, including the Willies ones. I'm a fan and though I don't find her better nor worse than Miss Krall (totally different music to me) I can tell you she's a lot more friendly than that pretentious blonde.
I went to her gig in Vorst Nationaal in Brussels a little over three years ago. A night to remember.

If you like her check out Melody Gardot as well, you'll be glad you did.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 9
It's a little OT but a big x2 on Melody.

On the Norah side, does anybody have the Little Broken Hearts vinyl release?  Those are the fattest, heaviest, whitest LPs I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back