NORAH JONES: Feels like Home
Jan 22, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #31 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Welly Wu
Sooo...it wasn't just me who thought the Redbook CD album suffered from recording ineptedness?
confused.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

No this is not a CD recording issue, these sounds I'm referring to also appear in the SACD versions, both 2ch and multichannel.

Jan 22, 2004 at 12:24 PM Post #32 of 78
Quote:

Sooo...it wasn't just me who thought the Redbook CD album suffered from recording ineptedness?
confused.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

No, it *sucks!* Great voice, bad recording. I do not listen to it anymore, as the only way of making it bearable is using speakers, and I simply lack the time these days for using them. With Headphones (and this is *any kind* not even high end) it is unbearable, I actually thought my Senns were broken when I heard it first using them.

Anyway, I emailed Blue Note asking when the SACD-Hybrid of the new album would be released and they replied
*"There are no plans at this time."*
So if you want it, write in. Go!

Jan 28, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #35 of 78
Quote:

I just downloaded the whole album! I'm listening to it right now. I'll post impressions later.

*thumbs down*

Sorry, I'm not into the whole downloading thing. It's one thing to download a couple of songs to get a feel for the album, but I digress.

I can't imagine that it won't be "more of the same", or a big departure from her first album. She doesn't strike me as an "adventurous artist" like that, but we'll see.

Jan 29, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #36 of 78
i saw this somewhere, and was very tempted to download it! (i must confess i do download music)

thou i thought, the first album was pretty good, and sounded well recorded. I may as well hear the new album at its best on cd first time round.

we'll have to wait and see...

Jan 29, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #38 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Slimm
*thumbs down*

Sorry, I'm not into the whole downloading thing.

ACK. Go download stuff from Amazon's shelves, or from the iTMS if you feel like it.

Jan 29, 2004 at 9:21 AM Post #39 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Oliver
smily_headphones1.gif

ACK. Go download stuff from Amazon's shelves, or from the iTMS if you feel like it.

When I want to, I will, thanks. *thumbs up*

I just was adding my two cents about what was said earlier. That's all.

Jan 29, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #41 of 78
The first single, "Sunrise" is on the Rhapsody service, so I checked it out today. Sounds a lot like a Joni Mitchell song to me. Great sound, great voice, but to me it doesn't have that jazzy undertone that the first album does, save for the piano interlude in the middle. Good stuff nonetheless. If you liked the first album this song won't dissapoint you.

Feb 10, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #43 of 78
This cd is 9.99 at bestbuy and circuitcity
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #44 of 78
I really liked Norah's first CD. However, from what I have heard so far, I'm not sure I like the new one. Seems over-produced, and a lot of that mellow jazzy sound is lacking.
confused.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #45 of 78
Quote:

This cd is 9.99 at bestbuy and circuitcity

Picked it up today on my lunch hour. Will have to wait until late tonight for a listen, though. Working late...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back