NORAH JONES: Feels like Home
Jan 18, 2004 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Uncledan

Headphoneus Supremus
Who plan to get it at the first day of release?
wink.gif

http://www.bluenote.com/detail.asp?SelectionID=10284

Jan 18, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Rhapsody users can listen to the track 'Sunrise'...
biggrin.gif

Itunes user can purchase the single too.
cool.gif

Jan 18, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 78
I'm sure this new release will be a welcome addition to my collection alongside "Come Away With Me".

For those who can't wait for it's release, may I suggest the following album as a stop-gap.

NEW YORK CITY - The Peter Mallick Group feat. Norah Jones

B00009QI3R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Amazon.co.uk Review
The talented Norah Jones came to New York and got famous in spectacular, multi-platinum fashion. So it's inevitable that recordings she made before she hit it big are starting to come to the fore--case in point, this CD by lyricist, songwriter and guitarist Peter Malick. Malick recorded these tunes with Jones in 2000 (when she was just 21), along with four other singers (Jess Klein, Kirsten Proffit, Antje Duvekot and his daughter Mercy). Stylistically, Malick's music is a radio-friendly blend of country and pop, with just a tinge of jazz, the same kind of genre that launched Jones on her Blue Note debut Come Away with Me.

The material is mostly about love, longing and big city life. While all of the singers have basically the same style, the six tracks with Jones stand out. Except for the slow blues number, "All of Your Love" and the organ-fuelled up-tempo rocker "Deceptively Yours," the rest of the guitar-centric music is mid-tempo. And, yes, Jones sounds the same on the quirky "Strange Transmissions" and the Nashville-nuanced "Heart of Mine" as she does now. Kudos to Mr Malick for being in the right place and the right studio at the right time. --Eugene Holley, Jr

Jan 18, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 78
I will snag it as well. I really hope there is an SACD version released.

Jan 18, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #14 of 78
There was an announcement over on AA's Hi-Rez forum that Blue Note isn't planning to make any more SACDs at this time.

Quote:

"...due to the low production demand and high production costs I'm afraid we wont be doing any more SACDs in the near future..."

Jan 18, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Carlos3
There was an announcement over on AA's Hi-Rez forum that Blue Note isn't planning to make any more SACDs at this time.

Quote:

"...due to the low production demand and high production costs I'm afraid we wont be doing any more SACDs in the near future..."

now that really does suck, if it is true
mad.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back