Noobie - Custom molded IEM for musician
Jan 22, 2011 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mapatton

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, new here. I am a guitarist and need to go IEM (silent stage). In researching, I found that JH Audio was local to me. I visited them and auditioned their offerings. I really liked the JH13s, with the JH10x3s probably coming in second. The JH11s seemed a little bass heavy which made it hard to hear some details I would need to on stage it seems. I found the JH5s as good as a decent wedge monitor.

Any other musicians here that can comment on their experience and what else I should be looking at?

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 3
the jha stuff is great. there are a number of other iem companies such as westone and ultimate ears (started originally by jha's jerry harvey) and sensaphonics. westone does have stuff that's intended specifically for stage work with a more midcentric focus to better bring out guitars and vocals. fit is all important with customs. see this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440466/the-audiologists-impressions-thread-pun-most-definitely-intended
i'd recommend going local since issues are much easier to deal with.

Jan 22, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Many thanks!
Myself I want a sound that is as close to FOH as possible. I need to hear as close as possible to what the audience is hearing, not what I would "like to hear".
JH Audio will do the impressions at their site for free. I think I would trust them to get a good impression :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back