Noob to dedicated sources here, sorry! Have patience
Jan 16, 2008 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

1000+ Head-Fier
I think the weakest link right now is my source, and that I need to upgrade it. As far as cans go, I have an HD555, an HD580 that I just recently acquired, an MS1, and am looking into purchasing an MS2.

As far as amps, I have a GoVibe V5 but I think I will get a Pico because of the portable DAC issue (so I can take it to the pc at work), thus I cant afford another true HOME amp at the moment.

My source is a mediocre Audigy 2Zs at home.
frown.gif

Anyway, as I said, I need to update my source for home use only (will stick to my h320 for portable). I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking for when it comes to home sources. Can someone point me in the right direction as to the basics? There are no stickies in this section of the forum to help me, sadly.

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 3
if you get a pico, that could be your source, even if you use it with another amp. impressions on the dac section of the device have been good thus far.

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Your Audigy is great for gaming however, for 2 channel audio it blows big time. I would look for a dac like this one. USB seems to be the easiest to use and afford. Also look at Firestone Audio, they have some nice Chinese units available.

KECES DA-151, USB DAC never sounded so good on computer - eBay (item 160196848964 end time Jan-17-08 23:11:05 PST)

I use a pico and it is amazing but its 5 bills and if your happy with your current amp then just go for the DAC. But if you decide to go the Pico route you WILL BE HAPPY WITH IT...!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back