Noob questions.. Need help :(
Oct 27, 2008 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Majinwar

New Head-Fier
So I've been reading up on getting an amp / DAC for my computer.... And I'm getting really confused...

I'm going to be buying a pair of Denon D2000s as I went to a local store and tried a bunch, and I liked the D2000s the best.

I'm going to be using the headphones for my computer for music / gaming.

I've been looking at the Little Dot I+ Hybrid, but this is where I get confused..

Do I go from my soundcard (SB Audigy 2 ZS) to the Little Dot to my Denons?

Or do I need a DAC in between there somewhere?

Also, I was looking at the Headroom Total Heabit as well, but I always thought that sound coming from the USB ports is a bad thing? (As can be said about USB headphones)

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, or being a pain, but I would really appreciate some answers / advice.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 6

vkvedam

Headphoneus Supremus
Right, if its for gaming you are after you have got decent enough sound card. But if you're after music you could get a decent DAC like E-MU 0404 and if you don't like USB, you could get a PCI/PCI-Express version if you are using a desktop. If you are after an Amp+DAC combination, check out portables like Predator, Corda 2Move and Pico (Long waiting time) depending upon your budget for it. Hope this should help you in getting a start in right direction as far your hunt goes.

Oct 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 6

Majinwar

New Head-Fier
So I can't just use the Little Dot I+ hybrid with my soundcard + D2000s? Sorry again for my noobiness.
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 6

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by Majinwar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I can't just use the Little Dot I+ hybrid with my soundcard + D2000s? Sorry again for my noobiness.
frown.gif

Yes you can.

We are like real estate reps, always showing you the upgrade.

Oct 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 6

vkvedam

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok lets start from the scratch, just get the D2000s (As you've already decided) and try and use them with you Audigy 2 ZS, I mean just straight out of the sound card. Have a listen that way and then decide whether you need just an amp right now or good amp later on.

Users who are viewing this thread