nOOB pays respect to the experts.. Finally made my full size can choice
Aug 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Steelsix

New Head-Fier
I bought some Senn HD 280's two years ago for quiet gaming. I remember being confused and intrigued by all the criteria in choosing a set of headphones! I've been researching for six months to pick an upgrade for gaming and occasional movie/music use. So many considerations, open/closed, amped or not, sound, styling, fit, wow, I found it easier to buy my last car.

I finally made a choice.. Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250 ohm and a Fiio E11 amp. I wanted to stay under $300 for the phones and considered many other options, including the DT 990 Premiums at over $100 more. For $199 and all the research, I'm thinking it was a good choice. I'm ready to hear the kind of sound you guys describe. I'm stoked. I have a killer gaming rig and home equipment. I can't wait to experience personal head sound. I could upgrade the amp, and maybe higher end cans down the road if I get hooked.

Respect to all who put so much into this phenomenon; I walk into a Best Buy now and smile as I pass by through the headphone section. Thanks to all..

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey congratulations!  I can remember how I lurked for a whole year when I first joined, learning all manner of audio black magic.

Don't forget to leave your impressions after you get your gear BTW, as it pays it forward and helps the community as a whole.

Welcome to Head-Fi, and (as you've already found out) sorry about your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back