(Noob need advise) Choice Between ES-5 and JH 13 Pro.
Aug 10, 2011 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CCh1uK

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys, This is my first thread in Head-Fi, I'd like to ask few questions about ES-5 and JH 13 Pro.

Already spend some time to read those thread about those two Custom IEM but still hope you guys can give me advise on choosing one of them.

For Now I'm using HM-601 to drive my Westone 4. Even this setup sound good for me but still want to having a upgrade to ES-5 or JH 13 Pro.

Most of the time, I listen to Rock / Hardcore music.
Are those two having good performance in Rock genre? If don't UE 11 Pro will be another choice?
Can those two custom IEM run well with HM-601 without a AMP?

Honestly, I'm not a bass head and normally focus more on the part of vocal. so, quite satisfied with the bass of W4, but still want to have a little improvement on it...
Which one should I pick if the Vocal / Mids is more important to me?

During the search,  notice that Westone will be more comfotrable since it had vinyl tips? But how about the Durability?

Sorry for my poor english and any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hi Guys, This is my first thread in Head-Fi, I'd like to ask few questions about ES-5 and JH 13 Pro.

Already spend some time to read those thread about those two Custom IEM but still hope you guys can give me advise on choosing one of them.

For Now I'm using HM-601 to drive my Westone 4. Even this setup sound good for me but still want to having a upgrade to ES-5 or JH 13 Pro.

Most of the time, I listen to Rock / Hardcore music.
Are those two having good performance in Rock genre? If don't UE 11 Pro will be another choice?
Can those two custom IEM run well with HM-601 without a AMP?

Honestly, I'm not a bass head and normally focus more on the part of vocal. so, quite satisfied with the bass of W4, but still want to have a little improvement on it...
Which one should I pick if the Vocal / Mids is more important to me?

During the search,  notice that Westone will be more comfotrable since it had vinyl tips? But how about the Durability?

Sorry for my poor english and any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The Westone ES5 (highely recommended) has certain coloration in mids and it's sound so good with midrange oriented music and vocals like Rock, Instrumental pop, Jazz and Indie.

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for those input. Really appreciate that.

Honestly, those two custom IEM won't have a big different, right?
Since after reading those thread, it seem like there just a slight difference between those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back