Noob looking for something in particular
Jul 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

spacemanjupiter

New Head-Fier
I'm a total noob with audio and headphones as far as sensitivity goes. I know as an artist that I can see things that many people can't, so I understand that many of you can hear things that I can't. My last headphones (sony mdr ex38ip) sounded good to me, but that's the best I've had. Yep, 30 dollar headphones is the best I've experienced. I liked them because they sounded good to me and provided a good amount of bass. The problem is I've gone through 3 pairs. They fail about every 3 months and I feel they are just garbage as far as build quality. I really take care of my belongings so I feel this is a Sony issue.

I'm looking for earbuds that meet some requirements.

1. Good sound quality
2. Built in mic
3. Good amount of bass (similar to what I had with the ex38ip)
4. $100 or less

This may be laughable to many here but like I said, I probably couldn't tell the difference between a good 100 dollar pair and a 300 dollar pair of headphones. If I had ears like many do here I'd feel more justified in paying more but I just don't have the ear training that most here do.

I had one pair in mind so far, the Spider Realvoice. I've heard they sound decent, have a mic, provide decent bass, and are less than 100 dollars. Unfortunately some people feel they are very uncomfortable and don't fit the ears too well. I'm still considering these but what are some other alternatives? Thanks for any input

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Welcome to the forum...

You have got some reading/study to do.

My rec would be to buy what you think you will like. And just make sure to have a return policy to fall back on. I would also advise you to give any new phones at least a week of listening before you judge them fully.

Good Luck, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back