Noob here
Jan 3, 2010 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

2van2

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, as you can see I have alot of questions but my first question is... I have a zune hd and im planning to get a set of D1001 for it but I was wondering if my zune will be good enough without an amp, is there any mp3 players out there that you guys recommend that will sound great with it or am I good with it?

PS - im a bass head, I work construction and I need my bass. Budget is $150 under

Jan 3, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 5
Get a Fiio E5 portable amp.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a Fiio E5 portable amp.

X2 on the Fiio E5. I bought one recently to use with my HD 238's and I love the bass boost feature. It definitely adds volume, before connecting the E5 I had to have my ipod at about 80% for normal listening level, and with the e5 on it only takes 40-50%. Also being a bass head as well I like the added bass that comes with it.

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 5
I would not recommend the Fiio E5. I didn't notice an increase in sound quality except the music went a lot louder and there was too much bass. It is also a hassle to carry with you and not worth that hassle. If you do not mind the hassle, by all means get it. But personally I would gte an amp that is as close as possible to the shape and size of the Zune HD to make it easier to carry around.

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 5
I wouldn't buy an amp under 120 USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back