Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Oct 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #4,998 of 6,432
Best Reaction i got was from my girl:

She closed her eyes, laid her head back and enjoyed without saying a thing, then after the song she said something like... "Well, it's quite a difference..." After explaining her why i just "wasted" $500 in equipment.

Worst one is:

"Well it's got a nice bass."

Afer listening for about 12 seconds of the song he took the cans off and proceeded to snuck inside his filthy ears a pair of skullcandy's ink'd.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #4,999 of 6,432
A reaction I got recently was from a swim team friend who had earpods.....

I let him try my Klipsch s4's...

He said "the earpods r sooo much better!"

He didn't even put on the left driver.

*facepalm*

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #5,001 of 6,432
A reaction I got recently was from a swim team friend who had earpods.....

I let him try my Klipsch s4's...

He said "the earpods r sooo much better!"

He didn't even put on the left driver.

*facepalm*

klipsch s4's aren't even that great IMHO :p You have to give props to apple for greatly improving the stock buds though, for free buds they're pretty damn good. Not that I would ever use it as a daily driver.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #5,002 of 6,432
Quote:
klipsch s4's aren't even that great IMHO
tongue.gif
You have to give props to apple for greatly improving the stock buds though, for free buds they're pretty damn good. Not that I would ever use it as a daily driver.

Nothing's free, my friend.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #5,004 of 6,432
My wife cannot understand why I want to spend another $200 (only!) for a new set of cans when I have 3 working headphones already!
Every time I try to get her to listen she smiles and says she does not like to listen to headphones. If she would only have a listen...

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #5,005 of 6,432
Quote:
tongue.gif
You have to give props to apple for greatly improving the stock buds though, for free buds they're pretty damn good. Not that I would ever use it as a daily driver.

the earpods actually have pretty decent bass, much more so than the previous model. But the treble, man, sssssszzzzszssz...now I finally understand why the new ipod has that slightly rolled off treble when using it with my better cans.

btw my roommate just had a listen to my D600 with his own music, and his reaction? :"I feel like listening to new songs." xD

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #5,006 of 6,432
Quote:
tongue.gif

What makes you think they are free? When you buy a new iPod the cost of those headphones is factored into the final asking price.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #5,007 of 6,432
They aren't exactly high end, but in the last 2 months, I managed to get 2 friends to buy a CAL! and another got an M50. Bear in mind, they were coming from stock iPhone earbuds. They were literally floored with the comparative quality of the CAL! and M50.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #5,008 of 6,432
Quote:
My wife cannot understand why I want to spend another $200 (only!) for a new set of cans when I have 3 working headphones already!
Every time I try to get her to listen she smiles and says she does not like to listen to headphones. If she would only have a listen...

thats wives for you.  actually, that's people in general.  we all never understand why people would buy some expensive item if we've already got something similar.  remember telling your parents why you needed super mario world when you already had super mario 3?  if only they'd play it!  haha, yea right.

why do i need another guitar when ive already got some?
why do you need new headphones, you already have 3?
why do you need more black pumps?  they look just like the ones you have.

sometimes we just dont appreciate things like others might.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #5,009 of 6,432
I wouldn't call myself an audiophile yet but I have a deep love for music and how it changed my life. I believe that if you love music, you should naturally want to listen to it on good equipment. About 3 years ago I was in a store and saw cx300ii's and bought them immediately, I went to a BBQ that night and offered to do all the BBQing to get a chance to l2 my first set of good headphones and my friend saw me listening to them and said: you like music buddy, you HAVE to listen to these! and out came skill candy smoking buds in rastaman colors, so i said then try mine, I BBQ'd with no music that night, 6months later i get a call asking me the model number of my phones as she actually went to buy the same set lol.
Alot of people are audiophiles waiting to happen but don't get the opportunity to listen to good equipment.
I bought HD202s and always noticed my girlfriend listens to them with my Voodoo'd galaxy s all the time. I went to visit her one day to find her in tears, she lost her skullcandy's I then bought her Denon AH-C260's because we both love music. The next day she couldn't stop talking about how the s.candys had too much bass covering up the instruments and how good the Denons were. I asked her why she always uses my phone instead of my pc with my 202s, she said it sounded more clearer and much better than the stock pc and that the instruments sound so real. I want to surprise her with some HD438s soon because she appreciates good sound, Some people just need a small taste then they're hooked.

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #5,010 of 6,432
Quote:

thats wives for you.  actually, that's people in general.  we all never understand why people would buy some expensive item if we've already got something similar.  remember telling your parents why you needed super mario world when you already had super mario 3?  if only they'd play it!  haha, yea right.

why do i need another guitar when ive already got some?
why do you need new headphones, you already have 3?
why do you need more black pumps?  they look just like the ones you have.

sometimes we just dont appreciate things like others might.

ditto

Some of my classmates, friends, and family dont understand why i already have like 4 other working headphones and i get 1 more (grado sr80i)

Its the same way i dont understand why my friends want a iTouch when they already have the iPhone4
why they think I should get Beats and ill be set for life (lol)

off topic, its funny to hear classmates being appalled when i tell them i got my Grado sr80i for 99$
when they think 200$ for a Beats Solo/Studio is well worth the money
it just doesnt make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back