Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Mar 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #4,216 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

I like that comment : ) It describes those cans very well.

Yeah i definitely have to agree. She bought the headphones for me as an anniversary present. So the fact that she likes them too helps a lot. Maybe next year i can aim for the HD800s lol

Mark my words, my friend. You'll regret dearly bringing your girlfriend into this! I've done it and now she claims to own half of my collection....

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #4,217 of 6,432
Thanks for the words of warning, i think it is too late for me. I was just getting in Hi-Fi when we started dating. For our first Christmas i bought her some headphones. For our first anniversary we went to Canjam LA. And she still wants me to buy her some pro 2500.

She likes all my cans but she doesn't like how much they cost. But she has her purses and shoes. So it all works out even in the end.

So god forbid if you break up does she take half?

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #4,218 of 6,432

Quote:
Thanks for the words of warning, i think it is too late for me. I was just getting in Hi-Fi when we started dating. For our first Christmas i bought her some headphones. For our first anniversary we went to Canjam LA. And she still wants me to buy her some pro 2500.

She likes all my cans but she doesn't like how much they cost. But she has her purses and shoes. So it all works out even in the end.

So god forbid if you break up does she take half?

If you buy them for her she will take half of em... ehehhehee

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4,219 of 6,432
Well, I had ordered my first pair of decent headphones a year back through my brother who was returning from the US. I had a a decent idea of what good sounding cans are like having tried out some in the 200 $ range.

But my bro was completely oblivious to the difference one can expect when compared to the stock iPod earbuds. So I simply asked him to order a pair of HD595s and describe me the sound.

The first song he played was "Candle in the wind" by Sir Elton(damn sure it must be low bitrate) straight out of an iPod Classic. He said after hitting play, he instinctively closed his eyes and felt as if Sir Elton was right in front of him. His wife was staring at him as he made wierd expressions through the song..and at the end of the song, my bro was in tears.......simply too involved in the performance...!

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #4,220 of 6,432
I let a coworker listen to some dubstep on my "lowly" Sony MDR-7506s today and he immediately starts bobbing his head, then gets this big grin on his face when the drop hits. After he takes them off he's excited and he's got lots of questions and comments: "This is what music is supposed to sound like?? So this is what the artists hear when they're making music? There is so much bass! But they're crisp, too!"

I can only imagine how he'd react if I let him come over and listen to some of his favorite songs on my Sennheisers. :) I always enjoy it when people let me share my obsession hobby with them.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #4,222 of 6,432
"This is all just really bright!"   -a comment on the Stax 3030II system.

Showed the DT770s right after, was a bigger hit with the guy. I guess it all comes down to taste after all 
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #4,226 of 6,432

Quote:
Bizarre twist: a certain girl I liked (emphasis on liked) got...Beats Solo -_-
Otherwise, one of those newer Sony MDR series headphones and an HDJ1000.

What about the MDR and HDJ1000?

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #4,228 of 6,432

Quote:
A little shallow if you're not interested in her because she bought Beats, most beats consumers are usually just uninformed and aren't willing to do research.

It's still slightly disappointing in my mind, although it might be possible to change. Give me some time? Otherwise, I may have to start editing out a couple of these posts.
ph34r.gif

Quote:

What about the MDR and HDJ1000?

HDJ1000 on some art student (he must like the mid bass of Pioneer's house sound), and the MDR was a ZX series. ZX700, I think.

And I just half realized I put this in the wrong thread.
etysmile.gif

A bit more on topic now, TF10+metalhead friend: the cymbals hurt my head.
I knew the treble was overextended but I never thought it was to that point.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #4,229 of 6,432
Today I made my big sister's husband listen to my ATH-W3000ANV and JADE-1 LTD. He had heard my previous set up earlier, and after a minute he wanted a compare with ATH-W1000X. The judgement was clear; ATH-W1000X sounded much more rough, and... he claimed that it was a night and day difference! xD (NO!! That thing does not exist...) But it was a fun situation none the less, he asked to get back to the ATH-W3000ANV immediately. =D He greatly enjoyed the that setup, which obviously makes me pleased.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #4,230 of 6,432
So I recently got the LCD2 about a week ago right.....when I purchased my HD800 while ago, my mum told me off for spending so much on just "mere" headphones, like as if I was some sort of Audio Professionalist. So I was just listening to The Best of Marvin Gayes album, and Sexual Healing came on, my mum heard it and asked if she could have a listen........at the end of the song, my mum's like well these sound pretty good, actually too good to be just .....wait for it.....so she ask me how much I spent on these........I'm like only about $700....and then she looks at my HD800's and goes...."these are well worth it, then that plastic crap".......-.-

Seems like my mum doesn't like slightly bright headphones......well at least she enjoyed the LCD2 just now.....

EDIT: Now she told my old man about it and my old man is telling me buy her a pair so she can go jogging with these......../Win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back