Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Aug 15, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #3,723 of 4,655
Aug 15, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,725 of 4,655
At $200 it's not bad if it can defeat Momentums, which cost quite a bit more for the over ear version. It is quite competitive and if it's as good as Tyll say, it means many people out there are now getting sound that is quite nice.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3,726 of 4,655
At $200 it's not bad if it can defeat Momentums, which cost quite a bit more for the over ear version. It is quite competitive and if it's as good as Tyll say, it means many people out there are now getting sound that is quite nice.
imo it is. If you can audition it, I say its definitely worth a look.

Still overpriced.
not really imo... For a portable that is.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,727 of 4,655
Instead of trying to maintain exclusivity and this air of superiority by bashing Beats, we should applaud Beats for decraptifying their headphones over the ears. Beats is still like the most mainstream headphone, so they are improving the audio experience of many, many people.

And I'm not even a Beats fan, FYI. Never owned one before and don't intend to.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #3,728 of 4,655
It's not too overpriced, but it is made of plastic on the outside and folds weirdly. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #3,729 of 4,655
It's not too overpriced, but it is made of plastic on the outside and folds weirdly. 
so? A lot of cans are. The Solo2's are pretty high quality plastic at that... Anyhue, I let my sister try my UE6000's I received today... She will be buying the UE4000 soon.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #3,730 of 4,655

so? A lot of cans are. The Solo2's are pretty high quality plastic at that... Anyhue, I let my sister try my UE6000's I received today... She will be buying the UE4000 soon.

Well most cans in that range are much more sturdy. Metal and all. 

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,731 of 4,655
You're obviously asking in the wrong place, since the first few responses are way off. Mastered for iTunes establishes criteria that raise the standards of mp3s available on the iTunes store. It isn't just hype, it's a real thing. How different it sounds from the CDs depends on what master is used, though: for a while there MfiT was the only place you could get the new Led Zep remasters, but now obviously the available CDs match (or likely exceed) MfiT quality. It's not intended as a differentiator between CDs and mp3s though ... it's a differentiator between mp3s on the iTunes store and mp3s available from competitors.

I have decided to permanently step off of the digital bit-wars upgrade to infinity and beyond path. It's never going to end and I have had enough after 30 years.

If I could go back to just my vinyl LP collection, I would - but it's not possible where I am, total lack of vinyl sources and I sold them all 15 years ago.

So I will stick with FLAC rips of original pre-1983 vinyl and DSD at 5.3MgHz when otherwise played through the oldest thermionics that I can find and a great pair of cans.

Some pieces I owned on 8-track, cassette, original import vinyl, original domestic vinyl, repurchase of the domestic vinyl (wore it out), original domestic CD, remastered domestic CD, re-remastered domestic CD, Box Set #'s 1, 2, 3 and 4, and now the 192/384 uploads are coming and next will be the 5 3MgHZ DSD. Over one dozen versions of one album.

Enough already.

The original import vinyl was superior and still is. England, Japan, Germany if you can find them.

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,734 of 4,655
Have beats solved the problem of the plastic headband breaking over time from just normal wear on your head?

hmm... Ask cb3723. He owns like 5 solo2's.

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #3,735 of 4,655
Well most cans in that range are much more sturdy. Metal and all. 
oh you mean like sennheiser HD598? Oh what about the AKG K702!? Beyerdynamic DT770? Hifiman HE-300? But in all seriousness, plastic is a very resilient material. Hence why most headphones are plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back