Nominations for Best DAC under $1K USD?
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
Right now both the TEAC UD-501 and Concero HD are on my short list. What else should be on my short list?

Looking to output to an integrated amp connected to speakers in a 2.0 config.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 6
RME is the leading manufacturer of audio interfaces worldwide. If you can afford one you should at least take a look at the range.

The obvious model within your price range is the Babyface. Don't bother with the breakout cable at first.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_babyface.php

RME were one of, if not the, first company to enter the professional conversion and interface market and they have maintained their lead. Particularly in software. There products are not just accepted standards in recording studios worldwide but are also popular in broadcast and live recording applications, In this market reliability and compatability is a key feature.  You have almost certainly bought music or watched television recorded on RME gear. If it good enough for them it's good enough for us.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 6
I may sound like a bit of a broken record, but the Anedio D2 for under 1k refurbished direct from Anedio is an absurd deal. Should definitely be in contention.

You made me feel better about myself .. i got the refurbished D2 a couple days ago..was looking for a new one but the difference in price is quite significant.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 6
What about the Anedio D2 against the AudioLab M-DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back