NOMAD playlist help please!
Nov 12, 2002 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gergor

1000+ Head-Fier
The UPS guy dropped off my Nomad Jukebox 3 last night. I spent most of last night installing and setting up softwares for it, EAC/LAME, Playcenter and all. I'm new to MP3 and I'm not very good with computer...
redface.gif
Anyways, after a long struggle, I finally get to a point that I was able to create some MP3s from CDs using EAC/LAME, and I was able to make the NJB3 talking to my computer.

The latest hurdle which I'm having is that when I import the MP3 files into playcenter, it doesn't seems to recognise the playlist, the album, the artist... and these info are available when I play using the media player... I see that in playcenter there's a way to manually entering these info, but it'd be too painful. Did I miss some steps that cause this grief? Is there a easier way (than to manually enter the info) to "reconstruct" the information?

Thanks.

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Ja, zeker, I must work my Dutch too
biggrin.gif

"SatCP" <satcp@ping.be>:
> It has perhaps soething to do with the ID3v2.4.0 tags. It seems to lead to an non-compatibility.

To do everything clear :

The big difference between ID3 v1 and ID3 v2 tags is that, in the first version 1, the tag stands after the mp3 header, and, in the second version, it stands before. so that it is also possible to read the tag as the streaming MP3 is displayed.

The major problem here is that some MP3 players think there is no header for the mp3, because it doesn't begin like a mp3 but like a ID3 tag. Good players will go down to the header of the mp3, but bad ones won't.

Willem
- PlayMPA works -

sorry, my english is still pretty bad and my dutch is really crappy (a shame for a belgian guy), hope it will help

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
Good players will go down to the header of the mp3, but bad ones won't.

Looks like I have a bad one.
frown.gif

THANKS A LOT, 00940!! I'll try to use the ID3v1 option tonight and see if this'd solve the problem...

Strange though, according the Creative web site, Playcenter is compatible with ID3v2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back