Nomad/Creative Jukebox 3 - does it have digital ouput ?
Apr 3, 2006 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

goodsound

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, can anyone tell me for sure if the Nomad Jukebox 3 has a digital output or not. I know it has a digital input but I am finding confliciting information about the output. Does it really have a digital output or not ??

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 7
No, the Jukebox 3 does not have a S/PDIF digital output. It does have a pair of analog line ouputs. It can output digital information via Firewire or USB1.1, for transferring files back to computer.

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
I'm assuming you can't connect a USB DAC up to it, can you? Come to think of it, are there any portable players that let you hook up a USB DAC?

I would to know too.

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 7
Some USB DACs use the 5 volts from the computer USB jack fort power so a DAP could not do that, but if the DAC has its own power supply it should be possible, just not implemented, as far as I have heard. The Rockbox people ought to implement USB digital out.

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm pretty shure that you cannot use a DAC to stream audio from a nomad jukebox three. You'll need drivers in order to do it using the normal NJB3 firmware i.e. playforsure or the creative mediasource/playcenter. I don't see why if rockbox is ever made for the NJB3 it couldn't make it possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back