Noise on one IEM i recently got
Sep 15, 2018 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

musicalychallenged

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone I'm here because im looking for help or some advice on what i could get or might need, i recently bought an IEM from Massdrop it was the Noble x Massdrop IEM and i mean i feel the price was nice and great look to it as well, but recently i started using it with my Schiit Fulla 2 and i can hear hiss sound coming from it and i thought it weird as i use my Westone W60 with it and never hear any hiss.
I want to know if anyone knows a fix to this or should i be looking to buy some sort of headphone AMP/Dac for a certain price range that will work with all my IEM's, Earbuds and Headphones without making any hiss.
( IF there is any ) or should i try something that maybe someone would happen to know i can do to fix this problem.

I Would also like to get some recommendations on maybe an interface if that would do anything or help with the noise.

I have been looking at the Schiit WYRD or EITR as a possible thing and im hoping to see if anyone on Head Fi is willing to sell me one ( used Preferably ).

Thanks For Taking The Time To Read About My Little Problem.
:smile_phones:

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 5
The Noble Massdrop IEM is just very sensitive that anything powerful will cause it to hiss. Don't use an external DAC/amp with that IEM then your hiss problem should disappear unless you have a really bad source

Sep 16, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 5
The Noble Massdrop IEM is just very sensitive that anything powerful will cause it to hiss. Don't use an external DAC/amp with that IEM then your hiss problem should disappear unless you have a really bad source

Im just using it on my pc I dont think it would be a bad source but i mean I use it as help to extend it since im not near the Desktop itself its a small distance away but it helps having the fulla 2 to give it an extension for me, is there any way i can extend the cable without having to spend a ton of cash.

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Im just using it on my pc I dont think it would be a bad source but i mean I use it as help to extend it since im not near the Desktop itself its a small distance away but it helps having the fulla 2 to give it an extension for me, is there any way i can extend the cable without having to spend a ton of cash.

The source in this case would be the Fulla 2, not your PC. The issue is that the noise floor of the Fulla 2 is too high.

Like mentioned above, if you don't want a better DAC/Amp, you can get an attuneator like the iFi Ear Buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back