1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noise Isolation and Portability of Meze 99 Neo

1. SelloutHipster
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the Meze 99 Neo. I would be using them as an all-purpose pair of headphones, so not only for home use but also when on the go. However, I have doubts regarding just how portable these headphones are as well their noise isolation.

First of all, I know they're closed headphones so they should be able to block out most external noise just fine, but in a louder environment such as a bus, with the motor running and radio playing, would I be able to listen to my music without having to turn the volume all the way up? Basically, I'd like to know just how good the passive noise-cancellation on these headphones is.

Secondly, are they too big to wear and carry outside? I don't really care that they don't fold, I just want to know whether it can be practical to use them as portable headphones or if that's a bad idea. I'd like some thoughts on their

That's pretty much everything I wanted to know. If you think there are some other headphones that would be better for my situation, feel free to recommend them, however, keep in mind I'd like a pair of headphones that are similar to these, meaning they should be over-ear and comfortable, have a nice design and a fun sound signature while still being fit for listening to most genres. Also, I'm not willing to go above the 200 euros price-point (that's the price of the Neo's on Amazon right now). Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018